A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Yeast Prediction chart  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Polo1523

Yeast Prediction chart
« on: February 25, 2015, 11:04:11 AM »
Quick question guys, do you use the Yeast prediction chart to calculate your yeast based on your fermentation periods, and is it accurate? or is there a latest version

Thanks in advance.
Regards Leo.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Yeast Prediction chart
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 11:09:31 AM »
This is the latest version: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.msg355933#msg355933

In many cases, it has proven to be extremely accurate. I use it whenever I use IDY for pizza or bread.  It needs to be understood that there are a ton of variables that can be difficult to identify let alone control. The goal of the chart is to help you find a starting place that is reasonable close. You may get lucky and it works perfectly the first time, or it might require a couple iterations of testing and tweaking.

I'm sure others will comment on their individual experiences.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Polo1523

Re: Yeast Prediction chart
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »
Thank you Craig, yes it definitely helps me to compare my recipes that I use every week and will give it a try, it's close to the % that I use, but helps me to visualize whenever I do 24hr emergency dough, or whenever I want to do a longer fermentation thanks.
Regards Leo.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T