A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: NYC Borough Tours  (Read 1498 times)

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • marty, whatever happens, don't go to 2020!
NYC Borough Tours
« on: June 19, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »
Hi Folks,

jerseyPieBoy (Bill) and I have exchanged a couple of emails about the idea of arranging a set of mini-tours, perhaps one day in each borough over the summer and fall months. I can borrow my wife's seven-passenger vehicle (the third row is a little tight) and pickup/dropoff people at a meeting spot in manhattan.

we haven't picked out dates, just wanted to get a sense of general interest.

best,
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:24:29 PM by quietdesperation »
jeff

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: NYC Borough Tours
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
I would definitely try to make some or all of them. Not sure my wife and kids would let me leave the behind again though.

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
Jon,

It would great to have them with us! I'm guessing my son and/or daughter, both home from college, would like to join as well.
jeff

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 05:36:18 PM »
That's a much easier sell for me. My kids are game for tours like this. Hopefully schedules line up.

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:48:38 AM »
My brother and his wife will be in nyc for around 10 days starting july 7th, would like to arrange a tour over that time period. Thinking about a tour of the bronx where we end on arthur ave at zero otto nove and shop for pizza supplies (nduja, capicola, soprasetta, maybe some mozz), bread, ravioli and pasta. Here is a list of possibilities, I've put a * next to ones I've visited:

pugsleys
tommys*
lou and ernies*
patricias
marios*
kingsbridge social club
sams
franks
zero otto nove*

on arthur ave, we like to shop at:
borgatti's for pasta and ravioli
house of mozz for mozz
calabrian pork store for sausage
terranova for bread
calandra cheese
mikes deli for calabrian chili paste (and sandwiches)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:57:32 AM by quietdesperation »
jeff

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
I've created a google map of the pizza joints listed above:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11KchkTa6iiKAmMg6usauRAzmvWA0lEZG&usp=sharing
jeff

Offline Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 06:27:50 PM »
My brother and his wife will be in nyc for around 10 days starting july 7th, would like to arrange a tour over that time period. Thinking about a tour of the bronx where we end on arthur ave at zero otto nove and shop for pizza supplies (nduja, capicola, soprasetta, maybe some mozz), bread, ravioli and pasta. Here is a list of possibilities, I've put a * next to ones I've visited:

pugsleys
tommys*
lou and ernies*
patricias
marios*
kingsbridge social club
sams
franks
zero otto nove*

on arthur ave, we like to shop at:
borgatti's for pasta and ravioli
house of mozz for mozz
calabrian pork store for sausage
terranova for bread
calandra cheese
mikes deli for calabrian chili paste (and sandwiches)
May I suggest  Teitel Brothers for supplies and dry goods,  and Olive Bread at Madonna's , and the dried sausage ( very different than Calabrian )  and the most awesome found no where else Bacon at Biancardi 's   Also in the Market the Square Pizza Sauce on top in the back corner of the Market opposite mikes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:29:47 PM by Fiorot »

Offline Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »
Which Franks? and which Marios?    Love to join you guys in September.   Maybe we could grease the wheels and get to Johhny's in Mt Vernon
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:42:54 PM by Fiorot »

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 12:33:11 AM »
May I suggest  Teitel Brothers for supplies and dry goods,  and Olive Bread at Madonna's , and the dried sausage ( very different than Calabrian )  and the most awesome found no where else Bacon at Biancardi 's   Also in the Market the Square Pizza Sauce on top in the back corner of the Market opposite mikes.

thanks Fiorot, I've been meaning to get to Teitel's, I understand they import fabulous dried pasta that can't be found elsewhere. We like Madonna (and terranova) but don't eat much bread. will definitely look for Biancardis!

Which Franks? and which Marios?    Love to join you guys in September.   Maybe we could grease the wheels and get to Johhny's in Mt Vernon

if you click on the google map, all the places are listed. I'd definitely love to get to Johnny's!
jeff

Offline Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »
thanks Fiorot, I've been meaning to get to Teitel's, I understand they import fabulous dried pasta that can't be found elsewhere. We like Madonna (and terranova) but don't eat much bread. will definitely look for Biancardis!

if you click on the google map, all the places are listed. I'd definitely love to get to Johnny's!
Yes great prices on Pasta and OO flour and specialized Rice for risotto.    If you like Sicilian Oil Cured olives you need to try the Modonna Olive bread one of a kind !