A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Favorite Pizza Book??  (Read 1071 times)

Offline aksea102

• I Love Pizza!
Favorite Pizza Book??
« on: January 18, 2021, 10:08:16 PM »
Hi all, and thanks in advance for reading.
Iím fairly new to pizza making and enjoying the heck out of it. 
Looking to purchase a book on pizza making that covers...well, everything! 
Flours, milling, different fermentations, yeast, starters, pizza styles.  Like I said, everything!
I often find myself on one website, then another, and another and in the hole I go.  Iíd like to have one book, one place thatís my go to!
Whatís your fave (or not fave!) and why?
Thanks again for any input!

Offline Peter B

• Supporting Member
  • This is a marathon-not a sprint
Re: Favorite Pizza Book??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 10:53:19 PM »
I have The Pizza Bible and The Elements of Pizza.  I like them both.  The former is more comprehensive, but the latter is a little simpler.  If you can check them out of the library, that would help you identify one that is your speed.  My guess is that you are looking for The Pizza Bible, but honestly I liked TEOP as a starter a tad bit better.
I said to my little one, "come here so I can change you".
He said "change only comes from within".  :-/

Online Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 11:59:21 PM »
The two books mentioned already are very good choices. Read both of them. Also liked pizza camp. Any of them will work.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »
Hi all, and thanks in advance for reading.
Iím fairly new to pizza making and enjoying the heck out of it. 
Looking to purchase a book on pizza making that covers...well, everything! 
Flours, milling, different fermentations, yeast, starters, pizza styles.  Like I said, everything!
I often find myself on one website, then another, and another and in the hole I go.  Iíd like to have one book, one place thatís my go to!
Whatís your fave (or not fave!) and why?
Thanks again for any input!
Although I have many pizza books Iíve learned far more from my own mistakes than I did from anything from Simon and Schuster.  Donít let a book rob you of the joy of discovering it yourself.

I donít know what style(s) of pizza youíre interested in or what your baking setup is.  Iíd suggest picking a well established formulation, like the Lehmann dough, and measure/control all the variables as best you can, and take good notes both before and after.  Make small adjustments to try to get closer to your intended goal.  Depending upon your level of interest, you may get it on your tenth try, or you may endlessly tinker for years to get that last 0.1% of perfection youíre chasing. If youíre on the latter end of the spectrum, thereís nothing that remotely competes with the information thatís here in the forums, but you youíll have to dig for it.

Cheers,
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline pizzaguy1958

• I Love Pizza!
    • Home Pizza Parlor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 07:20:30 AM »
Most pizza books make the simple art of making delicious pizza a complicated matter when in truth, it does not have to be.

I published my book this past year, How To Make The Greatest Pizza On Earth and it is available through Amazon books.

Making a great pizza starts with the dough. If you donít have a good foundation, it doesnít matter what goes on top.

Anyone can make pizza dough in just 5 minutes, start to finish and I show how it can last for up to 2 weeks when handling it properly.

Home pizza makers are learning how easy it really is not to mention family fun and a huge cost savings.

Anyone can make a medium, 12Ē cheese pizza for $1-$1.50 depending on what they pay for cheese and how much they apply.

Pizza is all about balance, thin crust, easy on the cheese. Deep dish, more dough, more cheese.

Pizza is my passion and Iím here to help!

Offline bethj

• Pizza! Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 10:20:45 AM »
This book makes me want to eat pizza:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/68648.American_Pie     :pizza:

wordpress