A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Famag IM-5S (video)  (Read 1048 times)

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
Re: Famag IM-5S (video)
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 04:59:31 PM »
It's strange because they say you can use the ADC to take a 110V/ 60Hz appliance to 220V/ 50 Hz, but every product link they have says the opposite.  See below link (page header vs the links).

https://acupwr.com/collections/refrigerator-freezer-cooling-appliance-transformer-110-volt-60-hertz-cooling-appliances-to-use-in-220-volt-50-hertz-countries

In any case, shipping a 65 lb mixer, transformer, $/ EU exchange - it's probably not worth buying in Italy.

I think it's because the other products aren't the ADC models, rather the AU models.  Believe me I spent hours researching this.  I didn't want to ruin my espresso machine.  It was a 1956 Faema Lambro I bought from the original owner.  Either way, like you said, the shipping might not make it worth the while.

Offline ARenko

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 05:12:52 PM »
I think it's because the other products aren't the ADC models, rather the AU models.  Believe me I spent hours researching this.  I didn't want to ruin my espresso machine.  It was a 1956 Faema Lambro I bought from the original owner.  Either way, like you said, the shipping might not make it worth the while.
The links are ADC models, which basically say 60-50 OK, but no mention of the other way around. 

Anywhoo, it's not as simple as get a transformer.  Sounds like you did your research.  This guy needs to do his.

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2021, 05:22:30 PM »
I think ideally you'd want a converter/inverter solution.  A step up/down transformer would keep the frequency, which might not work well with motors.  Converting the AC to DC and then again to AC, you could produce any frequency that'd you'd want.  Still this means even more power lost in the conversion.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline ARenko

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2021, 05:57:42 PM »
Stepping voltage is easy.  Changing frequency may not be.  Long term (and maybe even short term) I don't think there's enough savings to be worth the trouble.  Buy from Pleasant Hill.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress