A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Galbani "Italian Style" Mozzarella...  (Read 636 times)

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
Galbani "Italian Style" Mozzarella...
« on: May 10, 2021, 10:22:16 AM »
I found this yesterday at Grocery Outlet for $2.99 a pound. I've seen a bunch of different Galbani cheeses, but never this "Italian Style" mozza.

Galbani recommends on their product page to slice or dice it. Not a word about grating or shredding it. It is a little on the softer side, but not as soft and moist as their fresh mozzarella.

Has anyone used this cheese before and could share some insights/info? Thanks a million.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:24:42 AM by Essen1 »
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline wb54885

• Supporting Member
  • provare per credere
Re: Galbani "Italian Style" Mozzarella...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 10:56:03 AM »
Every oven is a law unto itself and only itself.

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:06:13 PM »
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Zing

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 01:55:25 AM »
I just took a look at Galbani's website. I agree with the other posters that this is just the samo samo HIGH moisture mozzarella sold for years and years under the Sorrento and Pecious, later Galbani labels. Comparable to Pollo-O retail mozzarella. According to the latest images on the Galbani website, the LOW moisture cheese does indicate "low moisture" in small letters on the front of the package.

Offline Zing

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 12:37:08 PM »
I am able to confirm the statements in my post of May 23, 2021 after my visit to the supermarket today. About the low price of $2.99 quoted by Essen1, note that many supermarket chains in the Northeast have been using this high moisture mozzarella (as well as the Pollo-O) as a loss leader for the last 20 years such as two weeks before Thanksgiving and two weeks before Christmas, selling it for $1.99 for the pound package.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress