A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Little Caesar's Pretzel Crust Pizza (with extra bites on the side)  (Read 277 times)

Offline dizz818

• I Love Pizza!
This was my second attempt.

This time around, instead of using my usual dough recipe, I found one specifically for LC dough (https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/little-caesars-pizza-dough-5949)

Also changed was the "pretzelizing" of the dough. Last time, I pressed the dough out about halfway and did the boiled baking soda bath in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. However getting it out still in a circle was a chore, leading to too much of the water soaking in, and tasting "burp" for the rest of the day! lol

This time, I reduced the amount of baking soda, and instead of trying to dunk the entire dough in, I pressed it out completely and lightly poured the hot baking soda water along the cornicione since that's the only part that gives you a good full pretzel taste anyway. I also brushed it with egg wash as a second step prior to baking, so I get the full taste, texture AND shine.

I'm not a fan of LC doing a cheddar sauce base, so I just stuffed cheddar inside the cornicione, and kept a hearty tomato base.

Really happy I could get such a good *looking* pizza in a convection oven. Mostly thanks to the egg wash and a pizza steel preheated at 500F for an hour

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress