A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Mixer suggestions  (Read 309 times)

Offline chris meow

• I Love Pizza!
Mixer suggestions
« on: August 06, 2021, 12:18:09 PM »
Afternoon all,

So I have my new oven but want to buy a new mixer. The one I have crapped out, couldn't handle the recipe. I have had it for years so no big surprise. My question is any recommendations??  I will mostly be using it for dough recipes possibly some cookies here and there. Best options at a decent price. I rather not buy something that stinks only to have to replace it.

Thanks!

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
Re: Mixer suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 02:31:46 PM »
If you are using it primarily for pizza dough and bread s spiral mixer is the way to go.  If you need 1 mixer for breads, pizza, cookies and cakes, then either the Bosch Universal plus with the stainless steel bowl or the Ankarsrum.  The Ankarsrum has a slight learning curve but once you get the hang of it it's very good.  The motor on the Ankarsrum is awesome!  It also has a very good resale value if you hate it.

Online Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 03:00:23 PM »
Based on the Bosch, with no frills https://www.nutrimill.com/nutrimill-artiste/. Works fine for pizza dough, haven't used it for other things. I previously had the Bosch and it wasn't worth the extra cash imo. I figure at the price if I get a few years out of it then it's fine.

Offline nhdalton

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 05:04:08 PM »
I use the Ankarsrum (used to use a KitchenAid) and I attest that it's a very good mixer.

I am certainly not in the same class as the vast majority of people here (salute), but for me it works very well.
I love pizza and pizza loves me.

Jim

A D V E R T I S E M E N T