A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Advice on Forno Bravo Bella Grande32  (Read 326 times)

Offline livinjosh

• I Love Pizza!
Advice on Forno Bravo Bella Grande32
« on: August 26, 2021, 09:03:04 AM »
Good Morning All,

I love making Neapolitan-style pizzas and only have experience in making them in Weber with a kettle pizza kit.

After reading so many reviews here, I was ready to pull the trigger on FGM 950B from Breadstoneoven. I even visited them in Dallas and spoke to Antonie multiple times. The issue is with the local contractor, who seems unreliable, and I couldn't find anyone who has experience building one here in Austin, TX. Meanwhile, I found this 4-month-old FornoBravo Bella Grande32 for sale for a reasonable price. I was trying to find how they are performed with no success. Is Bella Grande32 any good?

TIA,
Kiran

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
Re: Advice on Forno Bravo Bella Grande32
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 10:18:04 AM »
They are very similar in performance to any stainless steel oven.  Some have better build quality than others but for the most part perform the same.  It will be difficult to bake at Neapolitan temperatures because the floor or deck is too conductive.  Their sweet spot for the deck is about 750-775f which will give you 1.5 to 2 minute bake without charring the bottoms.  All the stainless steel ovens will drop in temp once the door is removed, more than an oven like FGM or refractory brick oven like Zio Ciro, so oven management will be your best friend. This is not to say you can't cook great pizza in them.  If you prefer a little more crisp, then it's a non issue.  If you want to make Ny style pies its a non issue.  If your heart is set on Traditional Neapolitan pizza cooked in 60 seconds or less, you will have to remove pizza from the deck and dome the pizza.  Another alternative is to replace the oven floor with Saputo firebrick or the like.

Offline tipostrambo

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Advice on Forno Bravo Bella Grande32
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »
Kiran, I'm in Austin too and vacillating between the Bella Medio28 and the Forno Vene(t)zia Torino. I'd read one negative review of the red Bellas turning pink after a couple years, and I don't like that the chimney has to be unscrewed from the base, making it more challenging to keep it effectively covered and hopefully avoid the fading. That was my only obstacle after extensive research. I know from a good amount of experience with smaller, cordierite-floor ovens that outstanding Neapolitan results are definitely possible with that setup. Like any tool, you just have to learn its strengths and idiosyncrasies.

I'm currently leaning toward the Torino. LMK what you end up getting and maybe we can compare in person.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T