A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: How long can low-moisture mozzarella stay out of the fridge.  (Read 298 times)

Offline AlanStreak

• I Love Pizza!
How long can low-moisture mozzarella stay out of the fridge.
« on: September 07, 2021, 12:01:33 PM »
Hey guys, I ordered some low moisture mozzarella from amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081KWT9ZQ/?tag=pmak-20)

It arrived within 1 day, sealed with a couple of bags of water wrapped around it, I expect it was once ice. It's a hot day and the plastic packaging was not cool to the touch. How long can cheese like this stay fresh, is it likely to have spoiled?

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: How long can low-moisture mozzarella stay out of the fridge.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 01:16:28 AM »
I suspect it would be okay. If it was cold for 3/4 of the 24 hour delivery time, that's maybe 6 hours at room temp, being low moisture gives it a bit more benefit. But if in doubt......can always contact Amazon to get some options
Jon

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 09:52:17 AM »
Look for mold, smell it. Probably okay. If it was me I would throw it out however. I'd request refund as getting sick isn't worth it to me.

Offline nickyr

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 12:39:37 AM »
I would taste it. If it tastes good, I would eat more of it :-)

Im used to Hoboken delis where fresh mozzarella NEVER goes in the fridge. Im sure this isnt exactly the same thing, but oh well

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress