A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: High Gluten Flour Near Me  (Read 199 times)

Offline jumpsuit23

• I Love Pizza!
High Gluten Flour Near Me
« on: September 15, 2021, 03:46:30 PM »
I ordered some KASL flour online and found that it really did improve my pizza game. I live in the Columbus Ohio area and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good place to find high protein flours.
If ordering online is my best bet, what is the best way to go about this? I paid a premium on Amazon for five pounds of flour and buying in bulk isn't great for lack of storage. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: High Gluten Flour Near Me
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 04:14:48 PM »
I did a google search of the area and Gordon Food Services came up as an option. There look to be a few in the general area. Basically if you can find any restaurant food supplier willing to sell to the public, they'll have it. Maybe someone local will have a specific shop to recommend. Bread flour might not have as high a protein content as other higher gluten flours, but bread flour from your grocery store will make a good pizza too.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:07:47 PM »
Check with local bakeries and flour mills and food co-ops in your area. Many will order you a bag. Kyrol is a great choice, I used to buy 50 pound bags for 12-15 bucks from a flour mill 7-8 blocks from my house and pick it up at the loading dock. Local bakery will order stuff for me too!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 01:15:50 PM »
........I live in the Columbus Ohio area and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good place to find high protein flours............

Is there a Costco Business Center in your area? My local one has Kyrol HG flour. It might be worth checking out.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T