A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Custom steel for Breville Pizzaiolo?  (Read 114 times)

Offline TheProcrastichef

• I Love Pizza!
Custom steel for Breville Pizzaiolo?
« on: October 04, 2021, 11:08:01 AM »
I've been reading up on some options for better results from the Pizzaiolo (though I'm very happy with it so far anyways). It seems like a thicker stone to raise the pizza is fairly common, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried or has found a supplier for a pizza steel for the Breville? Perhaps a thicker one to replace the existing stone and raise the height at the same time.

I've tried searching but I'm mostly finding comparisons of the Breville Pizzaiolo vs pizza steel in a traditional oven, so I apologize if I'm missing existing posts on this.

Offline donstavely

• Peace and Pizza
Re: Custom steel for Breville Pizzaiolo?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 04:47:52 PM »
A steel makes up for the limited maximum temperature of a conventional oven.  Since the Breville gets hot enough to do even Neapolitan-style pizza, a steel shouldn't be required.  Indeed, cranking that oven with a steel in it will surely result in a charcoal bottom.

If this doesn't address your question, please explain further what better results you are hoping to achieve.

Offline TheProcrastichef

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Custom steel for Breville Pizzaiolo?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 10:01:34 AM »
My thought process was to get closer to the top of the machine, while also minimizing the reheat time, but what you're saying makes sense. I'll look for a thicker stone like others have. Thanks!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T