A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Kitchenaid mixer adjustment  (Read 278 times)

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
Kitchenaid mixer adjustment
« on: October 10, 2021, 09:09:59 PM »
Not sure if this is something that most already know, I came across this video on how to check and adjust the height/clearance of you Kitchenaid stand mixer. Checked mine and it was set way too high, I adjusted it and mixed up a batch, maybe it's just me but I think it helped.

I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline SonVolt

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Kitchenaid mixer adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 10:16:07 AM »
Did you hear about this on the Cooking Issues podcast last week? That was the first I had heard it was possible.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 12:03:47 PM »
Helen Rennie on YouTube covered this a few years ago and I found my mixer definitely benefitted. Her advice to add the liquid before the dry ingredients is also sound. I recommend this channel. Not a big fan of her on-screen persona, but she knows her stuff.

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 12:20:36 PM »
Did you hear about this on the Cooking Issues podcast last week? That was the first I had heard it was possible.

I felt that my mixer was kinda loose when mixing so I was looking up on youtube go see if there was an adjustment of some sort and I stumbled across the video.
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »
I felt that my mixer was kinda loose when mixing so I was looking up on youtube go see if there was an adjustment of some sort and I stumbled across the video.

Be careful lowering it too much when using beaters etc. Their clearance is much less than the dough hook. Just want to make sure to prevent scraping if you use the beaters.

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 07:50:07 PM »
Be careful lowering it too much when using beaters etc. Their clearance is much less than the dough hook. Just want to make sure to prevent scraping if you use the beaters.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check that out.
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline icemanxp300

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 12:32:59 PM »
How ironic. I came here to make this exact post, except I was going to title it "How to fix your Kitchenaid mixer if the head wobbles". My head has been wobbling more and more lately and I never knew the screw adjusted the head like that. It makes perfect sense that when the bowl is locked the screw can only vibrate inward as that is the only way it can move to loosen the mixer head. I watched this video.

Maybe you can add to your title "- wobbly heads fix".