A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Question On Increasing LDMP  (Read 103 times)

Offline Bbqguy

• Supporting Member
Question On Increasing LDMP
« on: October 12, 2021, 10:13:11 AM »
My last batch of dough I used 2% 60 degree lintner diastatic malt powder and did see some improvement in the color so I want to try increasing it to 3%. This is for a NY style pizza that will CF for 72 hours and be baked in a gas oven at 550F. Is 3% to high?
I started out with nothing. I have most of it left.

Offline drainaps

• Good pizza makes the world a happier place
Re: Question On Increasing LDMP
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 11:29:43 AM »
Would you please share proofing and mixing specifics? Difficult to know without some further insights.

My last batch of dough I used 2% 60 degree lintner diastatic malt powder and did see some improvement in the color so I want to try increasing it to 3%. This is for a NY style pizza that will CF for 72 hours and be baked in a gas oven at 550F. Is 3% to high?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:44:56 AM by drainaps »

Offline Bbqguy

• Supporting Member
Re: Question On Increasing LDMP
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 02:50:12 PM »
Would you please share proofing and mixing specifics? Difficult to know without some further insights.

Sure. I add the water to the mixing bowl (the water temp was 72F), then add the salt and let it dissolve. I use .28% IDY which I add to the flour along with 3% sugar and with todays batch 3% 60 degree lintner LDMP. I wisk  the dry ingredients together to ensure distribution of the ingredients throughout the flour. I add half the flour mixture to the water and stir it to incorporate the flour and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.  I then add the remaining flour mixture and mix it with my KitchenAid on # 2 just to all the flour is taken up and let it set for 10 minutes. I then mix it on #2 till its smooth and it passes the windowpane test, in todays case that took 8 minutes. The dough temp was 74F. I portion out the dough balls into my proofing containers, lightly coat them with vegetable oil and put them into the fridge uncovered for 2 hours. I then cover them and allow to CF for 72 hours.
I started out with nothing. I have most of it left.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress