A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Semola rimacinata  (Read 188 times)

Offline Hirowik127

• I Love Pizza!
Semola rimacinata
« on: October 12, 2021, 11:12:25 AM »
Does mixing with bread flour and Semola Rimacinata gives you a fluffier and crunchier crust?

Online RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Semola rimacinata
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »
You might already know this, but semola rimacinata is the finely ground version of semolina, also known as durum flour. I love durum flour myself, but I doesn't make crust crunchier. If that's what you want, you need to use the coarse ground semolina flour.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 06:09:33 PM »
My experience is different than RHawthorns. I made this a few days ago using KAAP and 20% Caputo Semolina Rimacinata. The crust was not fluffy, it was much more crunchy than the same formula made with 100% KAAP.

As with all baking, it's best to try it yourself and see what you think.

Instagram @hans_michigan

Online RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 06:14:32 PM »
My experience is different than RHawthorns. I made this a few days ago using KAAP and 20% Caputo Semolina Rimacinata. The crust was not fluffy, it was much more crunchy than the same formula made with 100% KAAP.

As with all baking, it's best to try it yourself and see what you think.
Thatís interesting. Whenever I use durum flour, it just gives my crust a little bit richer flavor and golden color. The body it gives my crust is different than regular hard wheat flour, but itís hard to say exactly what it does, other than making the dough really easy to stretch. I donít get any extra crispiness from it. Did you do anything different out of the ordinary with that pizza besides just subbing in some durum flour?
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 06:26:41 PM »
That was the only change.
Instagram @hans_michigan

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress