A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Collection: "Emergency" Dough Recipes  (Read 164896 times)

Offline Loarina Vega

• I Love Fried Dough Pizza
Re: Collection: "Emergency" Dough Recipes
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2016, 01:33:05 AM »
The flavor of any "emergency" pizza dough recipe can be vastly improved by adding a dash of red wine vinegar to the mix.   ;D

Offline Loarina Vega

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2016, 01:34:25 AM »
The flavor of any "emergency" pizza dough recipe can be vastly improved by adding a dash of red wine vinegar to the mix.   ;D

Offline Loarina Vega

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 01:38:31 AM »
[qu addeote author=Loarina Vega link=topic=8297.msg460173#msg460173 date=1481438065]

[/quote]Hi Pete nice meeting you at the Spring.....Ive added Things like Sour Cream ....Malt Beverage ....Diastic Malt..... And Garlic Both liquified fresh IN a blender .  GARLIC Or Garlic Powder

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2020, 09:52:56 PM »
It's been a long time I didn't make this kind of dough, here's mine FWIW: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=66249.msg647258#msg647258
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline Atheen_

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2021, 08:31:11 PM »
Hi, guys.

So, I went completely off the rails today. I wanted a good same day deep dish dough, because my husband told me he was craving PH at lunch time. But he also wanted a stuffed crust Pizza... 🤔

Thanks to Pete posting his "emergency" list, I found PapaT's "Grumpy Old Man" recipe. Which of course, I tweaked, because that's what I do. Added a little sugar and little olive oil to bring it closer to PH. Also added more IDY, because by the time I was done with my research, it was already close to 4pm, and I didn't have 4 hours for that dough to rise.

Which brings the ingredients to :

Flour, KAAP, 261 grams
Water, tap hot, 182 grams
Salt, 6 grams
Sugar, 1 heaping tsp
Yeast, IDY, SAF Red, a heaping 1/4 tsp

Tossed the ball in a little olive oil, covered, and stuck in my oven under proofing, for about an hour and a half.

Then added 3 Tbsp of Olive oil in my 13x9 USA Pan, dumped the dough in, gently stretched without having the oil get on top of the dough, covered, waited 30 minutes, finished stretching to the sides.

Added 5 mozzarella sticks cut in 2 lenght wise on all 4 sides, and rolled the dough inwards around the sticks. Pinched to seal.

Added about 3/4 cup of zesty tomato sauce, added a light sprinkle of low moisture mozarella, and added the toppings (kalamata olives, mushrooms, sausage, green bell peppers), before covering it all with more mozarella. Added Hormel turkey pepperoni on top.

The mushrooms were canned pieces and stems that I had sauteed with a spray of OO and some black pepper until they started to golden, avoid water release. Same thing for the green pepper, which I charred in the same non stick pan after I did the mushrooms, so they'd be already cooked before going on the pizza. I didn't use the whole snack can of mushrooms, nor did I use the whole green pepper. I'll freeze the leftovers and use them next week end on my next pizza.

The sauce was done on the spot, with 4 pressed Garlic cloves  fried in a Tbsp of Olive oil, then add a Tbsp of tomato paste, a small can of Contadina tomato sauce (I think its about a cup) , 1 tsp of mediterrean oregano, a 1/4 tsp sea salt, and a little cayenne. I add a Tbsp of parmesan to the sauce at the end.

It cooked in a preheated 450 oven, on top of my pizza stone for 9 minutes, I then increased the temp to 475 for 7 minutes.

The pizza was slid out of the pan immediately, I then waited 2-3 minutes before slicing it.

No leftovers, and a happy happy husband.

I plan on trying Pete's modified PH recipe next week end, a day in advance, and in the Chicago 16 deep dish I ordered on Amazon.

And now, some pictures!

God bless,

Atheen

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress