Itís good to be in the groove..

Hearth Ovens / Re: Looking for suggestions for an oven
« Last post by Simone on Today at 03:10:17 AM »
Pizza Ovens / Re: Ardore
« Last post by Simone on Today at 03:07:32 AM »
great pizzas  :chef: :pizza:
Dough Clinic / Re: 00 flour vs bread flour
« Last post by joelouw on Today at 02:50:41 AM »
NP-style pizzas are cooked at extremely high temperatures for a short period of time. If you use a bread flour, it will burn because of the added malt that they put in bread flour to assist with browning. The 00-type flours are usually unmalted and can withstand the extremely high temperature without burning. But if you use 00-type flours in a standard kitchen oven at, say, 500-550 deg F, you won't achieve much (if any) browning. You can, however, use the broiler/steel method to get extremely high temps (way above the 500-550 deg AIR temp) and successfully bake a great NP-style pizza using 00 flour. I do it routinely, and achieve bakes in 110 seconds.

Thanks for this info, I did not know that. So we learn.
Great to see you back here Jeff! Congratulations on your new place!
Prep Equipment / Re: Light scratches on a used spiral mixer a red flag?
« Last post by Steveo-19 on Yesterday at 11:44:07 PM »
 Those scratches are from the bottom of the spiral rubbing against the bowl.  I do not have a owners manual but there must be a way to adjust the height of the spiral. Iím not sure but Iím thinking there might be a nut missing where the spiral arm connects to the drive shaft that comes down from the top of the mixer.  Iíll try to show a picture of it.  There is definitely some play up and down with the spiral.  If anyone has some knowledge how to adjust this or put me in-touch with someone that knows this mixer that would be awesome!  Thanks! 
Dough Clinic / Re: Substitute for All Trumps Bleached & Bromated
« Last post by QwertyJuan on Yesterday at 10:27:10 PM »
Ardent Mills, here in Canada, add ascorbic acid to their All Purpose and Bread flours. I feel that the flour makes for an excellent pizza.
General Pizza Making / Re: Thoughts on this youtube recipe?
« Last post by specialmonkey on Yesterday at 10:26:05 PM »
I used this recipe and technique again this evening and had really great results.

I reduced hydration 7.5% to 62.5%. Handling wise, I couldn't tell the difference between it and the 70% from a few weeks back.

I was able to stretch and form pizzas with great ease, achieving regular circles and full Roccbox size without issue.

It was on the warmer side here and I believe this also made the doughs easier to stretch.

This dough was much more crisp and very thin compared to the 70% which was moist, airy, springy, soft, etc.

I decided to try to keep the Roccbox on the low setting to see if I could leave the pizzas in longer to cook. The temps were still pretty high, 800+.

I was able to cook them for 2+ mins, more or less. I stuck with Caputo Pizzeria.

I think I may stick with this. It's basically 20 hour RT - poolish/ferment/ball.

Pizza Ovens / Re: Consolidated Halo Topic
« Last post by Minolta Rokkor on Yesterday at 09:55:35 PM »
What's the best vendor to buy a Saputo stone?
Pizza News / Re: Norma did it again!
« Last post by quietdesperation on Yesterday at 09:45:57 PM »
that was fun norma but you were much too gracious in your review of that thing nicole created and called grandma pizza  :-D My grandma probably rolled over in her grave. Well, to be honest, my grandma never made pizza but if she did, I'm sure she'd have rolled over in her grave. Well, again, to be honest, my grandma is probably rolling over at the thought of me eating meat on pizza but that's a whole different story.

congrats!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20