A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Two Billís pizza..dough and Carmelina Sauce..great!  (Read 784457 times)

Offline gdepozsgay

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Two Billís pizza..dough and Carmelina Sauce..great!
« Reply #2840 on: January 21, 2022, 08:51:39 AM »
George,

Sorry I didn't answer before today.  Just let the par baked Sicilian defrost.  I would suggest you use oil to add to the pan before baking, or maybe Crisco. If using oil maybe more is better. Since I am not right there watching what you do, if is hard to explain what I might think would be best. If you have any photos of the parbake could you post them?  Did you add any sauce before the parbake?  Baking depends on what temperature you are using, oven type, temperatures and other variables such of amounts of toppings.

Norma
Thanks Norma. Yes I did use some sauce for the par bake. Baked until the cornice became puffy and separated from the sides of the pan. Kept it at rt for about 2 hours after removing from the freezer and finished baking in the same non-stick pan (no grease). Turned out just fine, at least for this amateur. Though I'm not sure if this could be a Detroit-type crust or NY. (Did not take picture of the par bake.)
George

Offline gdepozsgay

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2841 on: January 21, 2022, 09:32:57 AM »
These two crusts show how I do the par bake though they're not the ones I froze. First picture is raw and second after par.
George

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #2842 on: January 24, 2022, 09:46:25 AM »
George,

It looks like you are doing well with your par bakes. :)  Your pan pizza's look good! 

When I started this thread I put it under Sicilian.  Really should have gone under Detroit style, but would be way too long to change it now.   :-D  In the end I was making Detroit style pizza's.

Norma

Offline ClydeTheSupreme

• NC (now WI) Style Statistician
« Reply #2843 on: February 12, 2022, 11:46:35 AM »
Took the formulation from 2641, converted it to a 13*9 pan version (for 1 ball) that would be ready same day.

So 1/20th of the original recipe weights and then divided by the area of the 8*10 (80) pan and multiplied by my 13*9 (117) to get the below recipe.

13x9 Version of the 2641 Formulation Recipe:

225g flour
166g water
1.1g(.37 tsp) IDY (2 Day - Original Recipe)  -   1.65g(.55 tsp) IDY (Same Day Recipe)
3g (.81 tsp) salt

I knead the dough for about 5 minutes.

Going to let it rest about 30 minutes at room temp then gonna kneed until mostly smooth and elastic

Edit: Let rest 10 more minutes and going to kneed again,

Cold ferment in fridge around 4-6 hours (not sure how long yet)

Set out dough into 13*9 pan (well oiled) to proof at room temp for 2-3 hours (gonna depend on what time I take out the dough)

Gotta figure out time and temp for the cook

« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 12:21:02 PM by ClydeTheSupreme »

Offline ClydeTheSupreme

« Reply #2844 on: February 12, 2022, 06:20:52 PM »
Done

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2845 on: February 12, 2022, 08:50:17 PM »
Done

Clyde,

Congratulations!  ;D Your Detroit style pizza looks very tasty.  How did you like it?  Thanks for all of the photos!

Norma

Offline ClydeTheSupreme

« Reply #2846 on: February 13, 2022, 01:33:39 AM »
Clyde,

Congratulations!  ;D Your Detroit style pizza looks very tasty.  How did you like it?  Thanks for all of the photos!

Norma

Was pretty good

I think I should have cooked it an extra 2 minutes, but was very good.

I baked with the toppings on from the start, I think maybe I'd do like the first 3-5 minutes without toppings next time (maybe)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2847 on: February 13, 2022, 07:57:17 PM »
Was pretty good

I think I should have cooked it an extra 2 minutes, but was very good.

I baked with the toppings on from the start, I think maybe I'd do like the first 3-5 minutes without toppings next time (maybe)

Clyde,

Why do you think it should have been cooked an extra 2 minutes?  The edges and cheese melt look good.

if you decide to bake 3-5 minutes without the toppings next time, that is like a parbake.  Without toppings it might get higher in the crust and also might make the edges shrink.  If the edges do shrink, putting the cheese to the edges would probably bake differently.  Just experiment and see what you like.

Norma

Offline shyme

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2848 on: July 04, 2022, 12:04:42 PM »
Took the formulation from 2641, converted it to a 13*9 pan version (for 1 ball) that would be ready same day.

So 1/20th of the original recipe weights and then divided by the area of the 8*10 (80) pan and multiplied by my 13*9 (117) to get the below recipe.

13x9 Version of the 2641 Formulation Recipe:

225g flour
166g water
1.1g(.37 tsp) IDY (2 Day - Original Recipe)  -   1.65g(.55 tsp) IDY (Same Day Recipe)
3g (.81 tsp) salt

I knead the dough for about 5 minutes.

Going to let it rest about 30 minutes at room temp then gonna kneed until mostly smooth and elastic

Edit: Let rest 10 more minutes and going to kneed again,

Cold ferment in fridge around 4-6 hours (not sure how long yet)

Set out dough into 13*9 pan (well oiled) to proof at room temp for 2-3 hours (gonna depend on what time I take out the dough)

Gotta figure out time and temp for the cook

hii im new heree  :) i wonder which recipe that 2641 be ???

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2849 on: July 04, 2022, 02:23:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Normally, that means post # 2641 in this same thread. I was going to post a link directly to that post # but there is no formula or recipe there. Chances are sometime since that post in November 2016 some number of posts got deleted, which would change post #s mentioned since that time.

Anyway, Clyde has posted what that would entail for a 13 x 9 pan so maybe you can re-size the formula he shows.
-Tony

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2850 on: July 05, 2022, 10:04:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Normally, that means post # 2641 in this same thread. I was going to post a link directly to that post # but there is no formula or recipe there. Chances are sometime since that post in November 2016 some number of posts got deleted, which would change post #s mentioned since that time.

Anyway, Clyde has posted what that would entail for a 13 x 9 pan so maybe you can re-size the formula he shows.

Tony,

Thanks!

shyme,

Did you mean this?

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21559.msg698519#msg698519

Hope your bake went well.  :) Sorry I didn't reply before now.  :-[  Been busy doing stuff outside and inside.

Norma

wordpress