A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Turoni's Pizza  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Miss Mare E

• I Love Pizza!
    • C Bar D
Turoni's Pizza
« on: July 28, 2005, 05:29:42 PM »
Hi all!

I'm from Indiana & there is a family Pizza place called Turoni's that is to die for!  The crust is perfect, sauce spicey, they only use fresh toppings & sliced cheese.  It's very similiar to Shakey's but much better.  I literally drive 500 mi to get one, have them on speed dial so it's ready when I get to town. 

Not obsessed am I?  So has anyone heard or tired one?  I would give my right arm for the recipe.  I'm trying the dough tomorrow & can't wait! 
You can tell a gelding, ask a stallion....but you must discuss it with a MARE!

Offline Miss Mare E

• I Love Pizza!
    • C Bar D
Re: Turoni's Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »
Woo Hoo last nite the recipe was a success!  Hubby didnt let it sit long enough for pics.  But other than center of crust being a tad soft was great!  I couldnt find bread flour in local store & didnt have time to go to "town" so I opt for Martha White crispy mix.  But I prepared it according to the directions here. 

I used Paul Newman's spag sauce (ok lame but it was the right color) & added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.  It was close, but not quite Turoni's...still needed a "bite"  I just cant seem to put my finger or taste buds on the exact ingredient I am missing?  Do know I have got to find the right cheese!  Its gotta be sliced, not the shredded stuff. 

I'm slowly reading thro all the posts & my head is spinning!  Gotta start paying more attn when I'm in Kroger for sure!  I'm thinking once I have it "mastered" (chuckling) to try portabella, ham, bacon & spicey sausage.  Making note to get TUMS too. 

Thanks to the "pizza powers to be" for this site!  I may find a decent pizza yet in GA!  :-*
You can tell a gelding, ask a stallion....but you must discuss it with a MARE!

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 11:56:27 AM »
Marry sounds like you are on you way to great homemade pizza.  Publix I think  carries Bread flour.  Wally-World did until a few weeks ago then they stopped.

Randy

Offline wwzausch

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »
Was this recipe removed?

Thanks

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:55:31 PM »
Was this recipe removed?

Thanks
wwzausch,

This thread goes back to 2005 but I am not aware that any recipe was ever posted or removed. The only way that removal could happen is if the recipe was posted in violation of the pizzeria's confidentiality agreement and the forum was notified of such.

Peter

A D V E R T I S E M E N T