A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Zio Ciro Nano  (Read 697 times)

Offline ilya_n

Zio Ciro Nano
« on: November 26, 2021, 08:56:20 AM »
Just saw a new oven by Zio Ciro:

Looks promising and will definitely be a good competition to ooni, gozney, carbon and others in this class.

Offline Bfbreaux

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Zio Ciro Nano
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 11:29:44 AM »
Looks like an updated pizza party adore.  Donít think itís available in the US yet.

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 12:04:05 PM »
Looks like an updated pizza party adore.  Donít think itís available in the US yet.

No, not listed on the website.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 12:14:20 PM »
This will be a great oven I believe. Thereís some of their refractory cement built in the middle for better heat retention. Thatís quite innovative. The videos show a good bake too in 1.15-1.45 min. Donít need a biscotto since they already have a good floor. Might be quite portable as well.
Wonder if the price is less than the mini? Probably around 800-1000$?

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 12:31:06 PM »
This will be a great oven I believe. Thereís some of their refractory cement built in the middle for better heat retention. Thatís quite innovative. The videos show a good bake too in 1.15-1.45 min. Donít need a biscotto since they already have a good floor. Might be quite portable as well.
Wonder if the price is less than the mini? Probably around 800-1000$?

I saw the post on Instagram listing it for Ä499. Itíll probably be around 749 in the US if I was to guess or may be a bit lessÖ

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 01:56:59 PM »
Shipping from Florida may bring up the price a bit. Looks good though!

Offline Bfbreaux

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 03:46:38 PM »
I talked to the Zio Ciro folks in FL.  They are not planning on carrying it.  He stated the following reason (I'm sort of paraphrasing here):
1) Designed for Italian Specs..
2) To heavy to ship UPS or Fedex, so you would need something with lift gate service, so you looking somewhere between $200 to $400 to ship, which may be kind of excessive on a $400-$500 oven.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 04:04:52 PM »
I talked to the Zio Ciro folks in FL.  They are not planning on carrying it.  He stated the following reason (I'm sort of paraphrasing here):
2) To heavy to ship UPS or Fedex, so you would need something with lift gate service, so you looking somewhere between $200 to $400 to ship, which may be kind of excessive on a $400-$500 oven.
What a bummer 

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 09:35:58 PM »

Thatís weird. In the video Vito picks it up and moves with no problemsÖ Iíd think itís a regular shipping serviceÖ who knows though.

Offline Bfbreaux

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 11:00:06 PM »
I thought the explanation was a little off as well, however, it looked like Vito struggled to get it on the shelf, but I donít think it weighs more than 70 pounds.  The ZioCiro Mini is 45kg or slightly over 100lbs, but that goes for $1400 before shipping which uses LTL lift gate service for delivery.  Another thing I thought was strange was that it sounded like Vito said that that video was shot in Los Angeles ( my Italian is hit or miss)

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 06:58:01 AM »
That is his LA home. It was probably shipped to him directly from Italy. The entire oven is stone, hence the weight.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 01:44:11 PM »
Toby and Mario from Tyzzeria might be able to ship the Nano to the US once it hits the market in Europe. Depends on the weight probably how much extra it would be. They previously shipped the Edil planet Surriento to the US for 200 bucks or so. If the oven is as good as it looks in the videos then it would be totally worth it.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 08:36:15 PM »
That orange color is nice

Offline jojoscircus

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2022, 10:18:27 AM »
the news from the importer (or "non importer") is really a shame.   This looks like a great oven.    It is becoming apparent to me at least that there is a niche in the market above the portables (ooni, roccboxx, etc) but below the larger stainless ovens like the Forno Bella.   Gozney Dome seems close, but I'd go fo something heavily insulated like this one every time.

Offline Bfbreaux

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 09:47:07 PM »
Actually, I think the importers are not thinking like a marketer.  Their issue is they believe that cost of the oven vs the shipping makes it unattractive.  What would they need to do to make it more attractive?  Increase the perceived value.  Add accessories such as peel, stands, covers etc at close to cost and the cost to ship the package doesnít look so bad.  Itís a variation on the Cooney Island deal and QVC does it all the time.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 10:01:23 PM »
They could sell tons of them here.
Also quite innovative putting some refractory material under the steel, first hybrid on the market.
Itís a good brand and it would probably outperform the ovens in the sub $1000 range.

Offline jojoscircus

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 10:55:06 AM »
Isnít someone from the FL importer a member on this forum?    Perhaps a group buy can persuade a batch to be imported?

Someone called this design a hybrid, and i think that is a great description.  Its perfect for small scale pizza dorks like myself.