A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Good golly...we are almost home free  (Read 49298 times)

Offline Jeff Z

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Good golly...we are almost home free
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2021, 10:21:07 AM »
Thank you, Sir. 

I've been using a mix of 2 parts Kraft or Sargento shredded whole milk to 1 part Kraft smoked provolone slices that I shred by hand.   

Like we did where I worked back in the day, I use a good amount of grated Romano in the sauce and also sprinkled on top of the pie before launching. 

Offline ATLBob

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2021, 09:19:51 PM »
Thank you, Sir. 

I've been using a mix of 2 parts Kraft or Sargento shredded whole milk to 1 part Kraft smoked provolone slices that I shred by hand.   

Like we did where I worked back in the day, I use a good amount of grated Romano in the sauce and also sprinkled on top of the pie before launching.

Iíll try that out.  Iíve been tinkering with the cheese blend and always looking for something different.  Iíve put provolone on my deep dishes but never smoked provolone.  Iíve been going with mozzarella/Gouda/cheddar on my thins lately.  Where did you work at?

Offline Jeff Z

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2021, 04:23:12 PM »
Iíll try that out.  Iíve been tinkering with the cheese blend and always looking for something different.  Iíve put provolone on my deep dishes but never smoked provolone.  Iíve been going with mozzarella/Gouda/cheddar on my thins lately.  Where did you work at?

I worked at Rosati's in Darien, IL for 4 yrs in the mid-80s.  We used a blend of whole milk, part-skim, and smoked provolone.  I can't recall for sure what was the ratio.  It was either 2 parts whole milk to 1 part part skim to 1/2 part smoked provolone OR 2 parts part skim to 1 part whole milk to 1/2 part smoked provolone. 

At the house nowadays and with the limited choices for cheese around here, my favorite so far has been the 2 parts whole milk to 1 part smoked provolone. 

Offline Jeff Z

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2021, 09:59:22 PM »
Once in awhile I get a taste for the little feeshes, so sausage and anchovy tonight.   ;D

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2021, 11:42:00 AM »
Once in awhile I get a taste for the little feeshes, so sausage and anchovy tonight.   ;D
I donít care for anchovies but that is a great looking pizza! Many of my relatives are from the Clarksburg/Bridgeport area. Feesh, as I have learned, can be a noun or a verb.  :-D 
- we are having feesh tonight for dinner
- iím getting up early in the morning, there is a little stream I want to feesh
-Tony

Offline Jeff Z

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2021, 10:11:16 AM »
I donít care for anchovies but that is a great looking pizza!

Thanks, I am having blast making and eating these pies !

Many of my relatives are from the Clarksburg/Bridgeport area. Feesh, as I have learned, can be a noun or a verb.  :-D 
- we are having feesh tonight for dinner
- iím getting up early in the morning, there is a little stream I want to feesh

Yes! 

Another one sort of like that is Holler --
There's no feesh in the creek that runs through this holler, but they're loaded in the next holler over. 
And conversations often end with, "I'll holler at you."  That's synonymous with "I'll catch you later."   

It's been a lot of fun getting in tune with the dialect here. 

wordpress