A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Lets check out the Turbo Chef Fire oven  (Read 2254 times)

Offline elephant man

• Lifetime Member
Lets check out the Turbo Chef Fire oven
« on: May 16, 2016, 01:05:46 AM »
The Turbo Chef oven is becoming my go to oven for NY style. I made " Tony's Master dough with starter " and only changed the flour by using 15% semolina for part of the flour in the recipe. Also added 2% LDMP.
The dough sat for a few days in the fridge in 300g zip-lock bags, was reballed the night before use and opened right onto pizza screens.and sprayed with oil waiting for the pizza party. This dough opens up so nice and not one dough tried to tear when opened to fit the 14" screen.

Offline vincentoc13

Re: Lets check out the Turbo Chef Fire oven
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »
Now that is a kool looking oven, looks like it cooks pretty good as well.  I bought the Pizza Bible and been wanting to try the master dough.  How did you like it?  Wonder if it would be good in the WFO?

Offline elephant man

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 12:07:59 PM »
The turbo chef oven heats up in 15 minutes. As you can see there is no need for a vent and it can roll around on the kitchen floor on the cart to the extent of the power cable. The oven will go to 850 degrees F. It will cook in one minute. I bake at 700 or so because the dough I use and the toppings need more time to bake.

I should think the dough would work for a wood oven just fine. I just love the way the dough handles. I think it's about perfect.

Dave

Offline dmaclaren

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 12:53:53 PM »
I assume there is no way to use a stone in this, correct?
Don.

Offline elephant man

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 08:12:27 PM »
You will never need a stone. I bake an average of 8 pizza a day. They are for my crews, The top and bottom temps are adjustable and the bottom crust turns out super. Let the dough balls, we use 400 grams now, cold ferment for a few days and the results are close to perfect.

Offline GPalmer

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 02:16:43 AM »
Beautiful pies. Rock on bro!