A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Scott's Pizza Tour and Keste's Wall Street  (Read 930 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Scott's Pizza Tour and Keste's Wall Street
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 08:57:41 AM »
Norma

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
Hi Norma,

I worked in the financial district most of my life and still find it confusing. There's a dearth of good pizza down there, nice to see a keste outpost. Still, I'm guessing they aren't there to serve the needs of the majority of workers, looking for a quick, $5-$10 lunch. There was a pretty good slice joint on trinity, they had lines out the door every single (week)day, I was sad to see they'd closed at some point over the last couple of years.
"Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good." - Woody Allen

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »
Hi Norma,

I worked in the financial district most of my life and still find it confusing. There's a dearth of good pizza down there, nice to see a keste outpost. Still, I'm guessing they aren't there to serve the needs of the majority of workers, looking for a quick, $5-$10 lunch. There was a pretty good slice joint on trinity, they had lines out the door every single (week)day, I was sad to see they'd closed at some point over the last couple of years.

Jeff,

Good to hear that the financial district is still confusing for you. Makes me feel better that I couldn't find Keste's right away.  Wow, about there being a dearth of good pizza down there.  I didn't get to take many photos, but there were a lot of different wood-fired ovens in the back part where I took some photos.  Think that is where there is going to be a pizza making school for Neapolitan pies. 

Thanks for telling us about there was pretty good slice joint on Trinity. 

Norma

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
well norma, thank you for letting us know about scott's pizza tour mailing list. I signed up and hopefully will have the opportunity for a free tour!
"Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good." - Woody Allen

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »
well norma, thank you for letting us know about scott's pizza tour mailing list. I signed up and hopefully will have the opportunity for a free tour!

Jeff,

For anyone that doesn't know this is Scott's Pizza Tours website.

http://www.scottspizzatours.com/

It was the first time I ever saw free pizza tours offered, but Scott said he does do that sometimes for new tours.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 11:30:53 AM »
For anyone interested we got to taste Napoletana and Pizza all Pala Romana at the Eataly.  We could have also tasted the focaccia from the bakery but I didn't taste the focaccia.  The Pizza all Pala Romana was baked in the bakery oven.  The Napoletana pizzas were baked in less than 90 seconds. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »
Just a heads up if anyone is thinking of taking a train to NYC's Penn Station.  Seems like there will be many more problems.

When I went on Scott's Pizza Tour by Amtrak there were delays going to NYC and coming back to Lancaster.  We were stuck under that tunnel for about 25 minutes going to NYC.

I talked to different people that commute by trains for work, while waiting for the delay coming home.  They told me what a nightmare it was to commute each day and how much longer it is taking to get to work and home again.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/10/summer-of-hell-starts-monday-at-penn-station-nations-busiest/23023282/

Norma