Thanks Mitc!
Will do that
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Today at 11:03:40 PM »
They look great, Mitch!
Incredible.........    :(
« Last post by norma427 on Today at 10:35:43 PM »
My WFO was being neglected with all my fussing around with bar pies in the home oven - so I needed to get going again with it.

50/50 KAAP/Caputo 00, 62% H20, 1% oil, 2.25% salt, 20% SD fermented @62 for 22 hours. 

- Asparagus & Prosciutto (post bake) with 50/50 mozzarella and cheddar
- Pepperoni pizza, red sauce and mozzarella
- Cheese & basil, red sauce and mozzarella

The 1st and 3rd were baked at just about 700 while the second was @about 750 (with a bit too much sauce).

Yum!

So many styles, so little time........

Great looking pizzas Mitch!

Norma
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: Changing the flour in my starter
« Last post by The Dough Doctor on Today at 10:35:07 PM »
Mitch is "spot-on", that's what we used to do when experimenting with starters.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: Marsal and Sons
« Last post by The Dough Doctor on Today at 10:25:35 PM »
Recovery time????  :-D What are you talking about???  :-D Ain't no recovery time, trust me, we kept ours 100% full for a minimum of 3-hours and never saw any difference in bake. As for warm-up time if I remember correctly it was about an hour.
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: PLEASE HELP pizza dough
« Last post by The Dough Doctor on Today at 10:20:15 PM »
An infrared thermometer will work fine for measuring the mixed dough temperature but for all other temperatures, such as measuring the temperature just prior to opening the dough balls, will require the use of a stem/dial type thermometer as you will be looking for internal temperature as opposed to surface temperature.
Chicago Style / Re: Deck oven temperature
« Last post by The Dough Doctor on Today at 10:15:20 PM »
I'm not at liberty to discuss pizzerias or specifics but as a rule, those pizzerias using reel type ovens are baking their pizzas at 450F to 500F. with baking times approaching 30-minutes.
General Pizza Making / Re: Hermit's Pizza Fare
« Last post by Hermit on Today at 10:11:10 PM »
Thanks Christian and Ryan!  The banana peppers are worth it, I need to find some hot ones if they exist.

Having used this recipe a dozen or so times, I need to reduce the weight as there's about 1/3 left in scrap.  I should sacrifice a dough one day to get a weight then give it about 10-15% extra weight and work from there.

This was my first fresh basil applied post bake and was shocked at how much flavor it brought, I've usually done pre-bake and it seems to disappear in long bakes.  I ate 3/8 of the pizza ;)  This cheese is gonna work I think, it probably does better shredded, this was sliced with a knife.  The simple sauce was just 1/2 tsp each of black pepper, oregano, salt, garlic powder for 28oz can WP tomatoes, left it a little wetter than normal hoping to give the cheese some extra moisture to work with.
« Last post by the1mu on Today at 10:10:11 PM »
My WFO was being neglected with all my fussing around with bar pies in the home oven - so I needed to get going again with it.

50/50 KAAP/Caputo 00, 62% H20, 1% oil, 2.25% salt, 20% SD fermented @62 for 22 hours. 

- Asparagus & Prosciutto (post bake) with 50/50 mozzarella and cheddar
- Pepperoni pizza, red sauce and mozzarella
- Cheese & basil, red sauce and mozzarella

The 1st and 3rd were baked at just about 700 while the second was @about 750 (with a bit too much sauce).

Yum!

So many styles, so little time........

Damn! Iím drooling!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress