A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza  (Read 218396 times)

Offline csnack

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2016, 10:00:24 PM »
What temp should the dough be after its done kneading and is ready to sit covered on the counter for that hour before the 24 hours in the fridge? Sorry if I missed this info if it was posted in the thread back there somewhere.. but, I'm planning to make this this weekend and I'll be using Petezaa's scaled version.. AND I'll be using my 14-cup Cuisinart food processor to make the dough. I'll follow the original directions to room rise in the pan for an hour followed by 24 hours in the fridge (at 39f in my case) followed by 2 hours back on the counter to come back to room temp before baking. Since I'll be using the food processor is why I was wondering what the ideal temp of dough should be after kneading. I don't think temp of water was mentioned, but would the rule of thumb to use ice water with the food processor apply to this dough too? One more thing please.. would there be any benefit to letting it stay in the fridge for 72 hours like NY, maybe with a reduced yeast amount to accommodate that long of a cold ferment?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2016, 10:35:43 PM »
csnack,

I believe the instructions for the PH clone pizza you plan to make are set forth at:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/panpizza.php

However, another member who worked for PH discussed how the PH pan pizzas were made while he worked for them, including finished dough temperature, in the thread at:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.msg33930#msg33930

It looks like you have a couple of ways to proceed. I also think that you could reduce the amount of yeast and let the dough cold ferment for a few days. However, that may produce a finished product that deviates from the classic PH pan pizza. But that shouldn't deter you at some point from trying a multi-day version.

Peter

Offline csnack

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #362 on: October 04, 2016, 05:11:12 AM »
you rock pete thanks brother

Offline Peetie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
See reply 359 for my "quick version" recipe. This time I used Italian sausage, Margherita pepperoni, and black olives, Polly-o whole milk mozza, and a quick sauce with lotsa minced garlic sauteed in evoo, Tuttarossa crushed toms and Herbes De Provence. This time I will try to post pics. Wish me luck. Pics are my 14" well seasoned steel pan with 1 1/2" lip, second rise in pan, dressed,and  bottom crust.

Offline csnack

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2016, 11:45:40 PM »
See reply 359 for my "quick version" recipe. This time I used Italian sausage, Margherita pepperoni, and black olives, Polly-o whole milk mozza, and a quick sauce with lotsa minced garlic sauteed in evoo, Tuttarossa crushed toms and Herbes De Provence. This time I will try to post pics. Wish me luck. Pics are my 14" well seasoned steel pan with 1 1/2" lip, second rise in pan, dressed,and  bottom crust.
Ever made a sourdough version of this? That's what I really want.

Offline bifi85

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »
My pan pizza didn't really brown at the bottom. I used a 480F hot oven put a pizza stone in the middle and heated all up for 1h. I took the cold big iron pan 0,4 inch (1 cm) with the pan pizza inside 2h before out of the fridge, to get room temperature. I put the iron pan on the pizza stone and after 10 min I had to take out the pizza, because it got very brown on top. I let the pizza 5 min in the pan, before I removed it. The problem was that the bottom was only very very light crisp. I needed more heat in the bottom, what should I do?
  • Don't use pizza stone under the pan (alternative grid)
  • Use a thinner pan?
I could heat the pan on cooktop before I put it into the oven, but this is "waste". Do you have any idea what I can do to get a more crisp and more cooked bottom? Additional I used a bit too much oil for my taste, but it was the original "medium size" measurement.

Offline csnack

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2017, 12:31:38 AM »
My pan pizza didn't really brown at the bottom. I used a 480F hot oven put a pizza stone in the middle and heated all up for 1h. I took the cold big iron pan 0,4 inch (1 cm) with the pan pizza inside 2h before out of the fridge, to get room temperature. I put the iron pan on the pizza stone and after 10 min I had to take out the pizza, because it got very brown on top. I let the pizza 5 min in the pan, before I removed it. The problem was that the bottom was only very very light crisp. I needed more heat in the bottom, what should I do?
  • Don't use pizza stone under the pan (alternative grid)
  • Use a thinner pan?
I could heat the pan on cooktop before I put it into the oven, but this is "waste". Do you have any idea what I can do to get a more crisp and more cooked bottom? Additional I used a bit too much oil for my taste, but it was the original "medium size" measurement.
Next course of action would be to try a longer bake time at a lower temp - say 450 for 14-16 or so minutes w/ 180 spin in between. And possibly a lower oven rack if necessary. You find out if it's necessary by baking pizzas and dialing it in. But 480 for 10 minutes is generally too hot and not a long enough bake time for a 14" PH clone.

Offline csnack

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2017, 12:36:25 AM »
Next course of action would be to try a longer bake time at a lower temp - say 450 for 14-16 or so minutes w/ 180 spin in between. And possibly a lower oven rack if necessary. You find out if it's necessary by baking pizzas and dialing it in. But 480 for 10 minutes is generally too hot and not a long enough bake time for a 14" PH clone.
A 14"x2" 14 guage aluminum dark anodized pan that has been well seasoned, and used in conjunction with the stone, works great for this style.

Offline lloydrep

• Robert Johnson
    • LloydPans.com
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »
LloydPans 14x2 inch nesting pans are coated with Pre-Seasoned Tuff-Kote and need no seasoning, are metal utensil safe and the pan of choice by many of the large pizza brands. Check them out here: https://www.lloydpans.com/standard-pans/pizza-tools/deep-dish-pans/deep-dish-nesting
I work at the LloydPans manufacturing plant. Questions are welcome concerning our products and their use. We also own pizzatools.com and sell the same products at both websites.