A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza alla Romana  (Read 16252 times)

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
Re: Pizza alla Romana
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2017, 08:52:55 PM »
Works of art. All of them.
Thanks Dangerous S. ... This is only a commercial test, i hope to use soon these flours in my classroom with real toppings

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2017, 09:54:56 PM »
Ciao Antilife,

I read all the thread and I like your work. You don't really talk about it but the key to have such a comb in a crust is the double hydration ("bassinage" in francese). Do you make an autolyse before ?
Anyway, I created a new thread but didn't have any reply yet, I think YOU ARE the guy who could help me  ::)
I experience some trouble when I use the 50L spiral dough mixer even at 2nd speed... Can't get high hydration...
If you have time, can you check this ? https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=50378.msg506632#msg506632

Grazie mille ;)

BTW I was in Roma last month  :drool:
"Either you have reason, or result"

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2017, 04:41:35 AM »
Ciao Antilife,

I read all the thread and I like your work. You don't really talk about it but the key to have such a comb in a crust is the double hydration ("bassinage" in francese). Do you make an autolyse before ?
Anyway, I created a new thread but didn't have any reply yet, I think YOU ARE the guy who could help me  ::)
I experience some trouble when I use the 50L spiral dough mixer even at 2nd speed... Can't get high hydration...
If you have time, can you check this ? https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=50378.msg506632#msg506632

Grazie mille ;)

BTW I was in Roma last month  :drool:
I don't use Autolyse. Planetary like kitchen-aid reach high hydratation but gluteen structure is really poor. Spiral mixer make a better structure but need to understand how work.every spiral is different from others.the best practice is use a rich/noble gluteen flour (in USA this problem doesn't exist) , the right amount  of flour in the spiral,start at 65% hydratation and in a lot steps add tha other % of water.  If you have problem with spiral try the autolisys technic with the 55% of water. Remember that high hydratation is a mental state, a senseless concept. Structure and final product is the focus. Better a good 75% than an Horrible 90%

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2017, 07:21:07 AM »
Antilife,

Thank you for your reply. Next time I'll try the autolyse.
Yeah I know that all the dough mixer could be different, but I don't have enough experience on this equipment to tell. What I know is that no matter which one I used, I had similar results  :-D
The one we use now is like a simple basic one.

I totally agree on the high hydration, but as we say in French, "one can the most, one can the less", meaning if you can do big things, you can also do small things, whereas the contrary doesn't work ^^

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »
Anti,

Do you ever make this style with Lievito Madre? If so what is your workflow and starter%? I have been making this style on off days and really enjoy it but want to try with SD.

Thanks,
Jay

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2017, 04:12:48 PM »
Anti,

Do you ever make this style with Lievito Madre? If so what is your workflow and starter%? I have been making this style on off days and really enjoy it but want to try with SD.

Thanks,
Jay
Teglia Romana is impossible to make with sourdough. % of sourdough must be so high to belong the final product bad of taste. I work on final product and i think that sourdough is fantastic only for some specific product. Here in italy is a fashion to use the sourdough..... And laughing when i see some people move the sourdough dough in the fridge in maturation. SD is perfect for classic or neapolitan pizza all RT( i make a dough some days ago), bread and panettone-Style. The real masters of sourdough are German Bakers

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2017, 10:54:47 PM »
Interesting. I thought Bonci made some of his pizzas with Lievito Madre but I could be wrong. Its been a long time since I studied this style, I need to brush up on it. Thank you for the reply, very informative as usual.

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2017, 08:35:47 PM »
I don't use Autolyse. Planetary like kitchen-aid reach high hydratation but gluteen structure is really poor. Spiral mixer make a better structure but need to understand how work (...)

Hi Antilife,

Can you develop this please ? Don't be afraid to go in the details, we want to learn a lot !   ;D

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2017, 01:16:46 AM »
Hi Antilife,

Can you develop this please ? Don't be afraid to go in the details, we want to learn a lot !   ;D
I give you all informations to develop your manual experience.
If you need to improve yourself for knowledge, you can do a lot of tests wasting doughs.Instead If you do it for commercial purposes I suggest you work with a consultant in your area that can show you manually how to work with high hydrations:time is money.

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »
I can also buy the flour of my friend and he gives me a free training for pizza pala.

Bonne continuation toi

Offline surgtech2006

• Supporting Member
  • Make Pizza, not war
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2017, 05:29:49 PM »
I can also buy the flour of my friend and he gives me a free training for pizza pala.

Bonne continuation toi
Yael, which flour is your friend using? It would be great if you would start a thread that would help those of us trying to figure out the techniques used for Romana. I have several flours I'm waiting to try, but nothing solid on workflow at this point.

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2017, 08:48:00 PM »
Yael, which flour is your friend using? It would be great if you would start a thread that would help those of us trying to figure out the techniques used for Romana. I have several flours I'm waiting to try, but nothing solid on workflow at this point.

Hi Surgtech,

I think that you can use almost whatever flour you want, the technique is more important (as said Varasano, I totally agree on that). The answer's also in this very topic, Antilife's tests have almost same results while he's testings tens of flours. You can have look on my new post here, if I can help I will.

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2017, 07:37:00 AM »
Dough for Pala alla Romana.
Mid Hydratation 

90% Denti Zero+ W340
10% Semolina
75% hydros
0,7% fresh yeast
2% Evo