A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
New York Style / Re: Essen1's NY-style pizza project
« Last post by quietdesperation on Today at 09:01:45 AM »
Mike, when I started competing in bbq contests i set out to learn about the spice palette and looked at the properties of 10 different paprikas, kosher vs sea vs table, etc. when it came to cane vs various brown sugars. I concluded there were no real health benefits to using raw sugar.

Ironically, hereís an article that supports this view from the source you cited:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/272191-sugar-vs-sugar-in-the-raw/

Iím any case, thatís a beautiful pie!
Shop Talk / Re: Breadstone ovens 1200 trailer build
« Last post by Pizza Baker on Today at 09:00:32 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Sausage making weekend starts tommorow
« Last post by Little bean on Today at 08:59:14 AM »
Just curious, have you ever tried to make prosciutto?

I did and Iím sorry to say it didnít go well, it was looking perfect for about 4 months but getting into warmer weather in May the conditions change in my cellar to a not so great environment to cure meats, it became way to humid even running a dehumidifier and I got a case of bad mold, the pancetta did come out good though.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Mutant Pineapples
« Last post by Randy on Today at 08:53:29 AM »
Brown Select is my satsumas as well.  To that I have a Meyers lemon, red navel and the Page. 

I worry that nasty bug is going to show up someday.  The citrus tree density in this area is light so I feel fairly safe.

Have you tried bananas?
Focaccia Style / Re: Pizza alla romana in teglia
« Last post by Rolls on Today at 08:49:46 AM »
@amolapizza,

I think achieving a final dough temperature of around 24įC really helps regulate the fermentation of the dough.  One of the challenges I've found in making this type pf pizza is achieving the right degree of extensibility in the dough, which will really help with getting an even stretch in the pan.  If interested, the videos of Pino Arletto on Youtube are good examples of how to handle the dough properly.  All in all, your pizza looks good.

@Yael,

The word "cake" in the context of "cake yeast" denotes compression and does not refer to the more common usage of "cake" as a sweet or dessert, even though it can be an ingredient in such products.  In fact, "cake yeast" is also referred to as "compressed yeast".

Rolls
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 08:33:11 AM »
No. That's one I don't have. I have Brown Select, Mr Mac *my favorite*, and Seto satsumas, Orlando tangelo, Sunburst tangerine, Hamlin Sweet orange, Ruby Red grapefruit, Meyer lemon, and persian limes.
« Last post by Randy on Today at 08:26:29 AM »
My satsumas yield was hit hard by the early spring, then late freeze.

Do you have a Page orange(mandarin)?  It is my favorite.
Cracker Style / Re: Dough Doctors cracker...No fail!
« Last post by Randy on Today at 08:21:47 AM »
Randy, glad it worked out for you. I am gonna try your paddle method. I broke my KA processor at the first of the year and have not got it fixed yet.

I appreciate your work on this pizza.  It works well on the Blackstone.

Steve had posted in the past, the food processor was the better method than a KA mixer but at that time he and DKM were using the dough hook.

I have tried going longer than one minute.  At about 1 min and 30 seconds you can hear a change in the motor indicating a strain.  If I go 2 min the dough is difficult to roll out.  Another interesting test would be speed 2 with a time of 30 seconds to 1 min.
Focaccia Style / Re: Pizza alla romana in teglia
« Last post by Yael on Today at 08:19:00 AM »
Hi amolapizza,

Just to confirm -if you speak French, cake yeast is levure fraiche de boulanger, no ? I don't know why it is called "cake" yeast in English  ???

Quote from: Common Abbreviations Used on the Forum
Cake yeast (also known as fresh, compressed or wet yeast)

Was it ok to get to 80% hydration with these flours ?
Dough looks good anyway !
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Sausage making weekend starts tommorow
« Last post by apizza on Today at 08:17:38 AM »
Just curious, have you ever tried to make prosciutto?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20