A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Shop Talk / en Teglia in our Pizza oven.
« Last post by PizzaPartisan on Today at 02:56:56 PM »
So I work at a pizzeria where we serve Neapolitan style pizzas, we have a 2 deck Electric oven, fits 6 12inch pizzas on each deck. Can get up well above 400C.

If I want to cook a pizza en teglia, or al taglio (are these the same?) I'm thinking of an 80% hydration, caputo Red, 2% yeast, 2% salt, 2% oil dough, thats autolysed, mixed till combined, then folded 4 or so times over an hour - an hour and a half, then portioned, and fermented for 24 hours, then shaped put in a pan, sauced and then baked at 300C for approx 10 mins. Does that sound like a reasonable recipe and method?
We get tins of san marzanos and blend with some salt in a gastro for service. Can't see how you couldnt do this on site?
Shop Talk / Re: Margaritas
« Last post by PizzaPartisan on Today at 02:32:07 PM »
Grapefruit is a real nice variation.

Also would recommend Triple sec over Cointreau, though Cointreau is nice.
Shop Talk / Re: Pizza Line Prep
« Last post by PizzaPartisan on Today at 02:30:13 PM »
@wb54885 The pizza itself takes 25-30 minutes to cook. We have a Rotoflex oven set at 450.

A 12" 1 topping pizza when the oven is empty will definitely cook much faster. Maybe 15-18 minutes. When we're busy with the oven full & door opening, a specialty pizza with 8 toppings will take 25-30 minutes to get that nice crisp.

That is a great question regarding the sausage. The business has been around for over 60 years. So a big answer is "this is how we've always done things." The thought is, the pre-cooked beef would dry out over 30 minutes. Another note, our guests that have been dining with us for that long know how the pizza comes & may have expectations based on past experiences.

Trials and experiments are for sure the best option. Might as well just pre-cook some beef & make a pizza to see if they can notice anything different. Thank youwb54885

Is this minced beef?
Focaccia Style / Re: 4 Hour Taglio
« Last post by PizzaPartisan on Today at 02:21:15 PM »
Ardent Sunny Texas flour. 12.7-13.3% is what the spec says.

great!
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 02:08:16 PM »
That looks excellent. What protein content does your flour have, or more simply what flour did you use?

Ardent Sunny Texas flour. 12.7-13.3% is what the spec says.
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 02:07:06 PM »
We need a picture of this breakfast Craig, don't be holding out on us!

You can kind of see the tomatoes in the background  ;D
New York Style / Re: Is My Calculation Correct
« Last post by Bbqguy on Today at 01:54:44 PM »
The serious eats recipe calls for 630g of flour.

Craig's chart (https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.msg393271#msg393271) @ 36F only goes down to minimum of 62 hours, where the chart shows 0.320% IDY.

You 2g IDY would be equal to 2/630 = 0.0032 or 0.32%. So you did the math right, but I think typed in 0.0320% incorrectly (easy enough to do!).

As noted above, Craig's chart goes down to a minimum of 62 hours @ 36F. Craig's chart is great, but I'm not sure how much it relates to reality at cold (in the fridge) fermentation temps.

That said, experience tells me that 0.3% to 0.4% IDY will work fine for 48 hours in the fridge.

Thank you.
New York Style / Re: Is My Calculation Correct
« Last post by parallei on Today at 01:53:04 PM »
Hey guys. Iím wanting to try they Serious Eats NY dough recipe and do a 48 hour cold ferment at 36F. Looking at Craigs yeast chart using IDY the recommended amount of yeast is 0.032o% which if my math is correct is 2 grams. Is that correct? I just want to make sure Iím reading the chart correct.

https://www.seriouseats.com/basic-new-york-style-pizza-dough

The serious eats recipe calls for 630g of flour.

Craig's chart (https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.msg393271#msg393271) @ 36F only goes down to minimum of 62 hours, where the chart shows 0.320% IDY.

You 2g IDY would be equal to 2/630 = 0.0032 or 0.32%. So you did the math right, but I think typed in 0.0320% incorrectly (easy enough to do!).

As noted above, Craig's chart goes down to a minimum of 62 hours @ 36F. Craig's chart is great, but I'm not sure how much it relates to reality at cold (in the fridge) fermentation temps.

That said, experience tells me that 0.3% to 0.4% IDY will work fine for 48 hours in the fridge.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by TurkeyOnRye on Today at 01:52:45 PM »
Chicago style pepperoni and Italian sausage. This is actually an older bake, but I never got around to posting it on the forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20