A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Shop Talk / Re: Supplies for at home Pop-Up
« Last post by Samson on Today at 09:44:30 AM »
yea this is just for fun, would be hard in a real setting with only one oven.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Qstove Qubestove Kickstarter
« Last post by JimmyBoyHill on Today at 09:43:49 AM »
Is there anything that anyone wants me to test for them on this? it's the 12" version I have and I can try and get some GIFS sorted of the oven as videos won't post right? Couldn't seem to get the GIF to work as it was still to large, unless I post a link to Giphy if allowed? I don't have a youtube account but do have tiktok so could send a link if needed.

I plan to make 4 or 5 pizzas this weekend so let me know if you have specifics and I'll try and get some images/videos to answer the questions.

Dough Clinic / Re: Incorporating palm oil in the dough
« Last post by jkaye01 on Today at 08:29:16 AM »
Thank you! Good info there, especially the flour-on-a-plate test, to see if it melts.

However i'm finding two types of palm oil, one that's liquid at room temperature and another that's solid, they both come in pretty big batches, like 5 liters or more, i dont know if i should risk it and buy such a huge ammount for a few tests, i'm just curious, how can the same oil be in two different states at the same temp? And which one is better for pizza?
Neapolitan Style / Re: Experiment: re-baking a Neapolitan Pizza
« Last post by Heikjo on Today at 08:17:51 AM »
If you want a crispy crust, donít make a Neapolitan. The entire point with a Neapolitan is a fast bake for a soft pie.

If you want a 5-minute pie, just bake it for five minutes. You can get an airy cornicione without making a Neapolitan.

Baking a Neapolitan at high heat at eating immediately can give you some crispiness, but it quickly softens up. You can also try baking 3-minute pies at a lower temperature for more crisp.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Experiment: re-baking a Neapolitan Pizza
« Last post by Wario on Today at 06:54:47 AM »
It works, some pizzabakers do this and sell the pizza's cold to people with normal ovens. They add the mozzarella at home and finish baking the pizza in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at full power.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Consolidated Halo Topic
« Last post by Essen1 on Today at 04:39:04 AM »
Hi Mike,

Did you use the Famag to mix this dough?

Thanks

Hey Jim,

For this one, yes.

I'm using the Famag for large batches. This batch was 15 pizzas total. It's an awesome mixer but I'm still learning in regards to optimal mixing times for the flour combo I'm using.

For small batches the BOSCH comes out.
« Last post by Quebert on Today at 04:38:33 AM »
I'll have it do 25 in a row.  During the summer, my gang has a pizza night and we cook 100 pizzas on 3 blackstones.  It's worked fine, but the bottleneck has always been the cooking, so we'd like to add a fourth oven.

3 BS's running at once and they gobble up what 65k BTU each? SHEESE that's insane lol. 
« Last post by Essen1 on Today at 04:32:32 AM »
Essen1,
How long of a pre heat on high does it take for you to get your stone to 780-800?
Thanks!

I haven't really timed it but probably somewhere in the ballpark of 30 - 35 mins, give or take a few.
Pizza News / Re: Smiling with Hope Pizza for sale
« Last post by norma427 on Today at 02:56:54 AM »
Walter,

Best of everything in selling your and Judy's pizzeria!  Have a great retirement!!

Norma
Not sure what the litner value is but where I live we don't get malted flours, so i usually add around 0.5% to the flour to help with browning, so its more like an additional 1.5%. We also get barley malt flour but I'm not sure what ratio's to substitute in and how it would affect my protein content. The barley flour is around 14% protein and my stoneground flour is around 12.5%. I use the barley flour when doing sourdough breads and it works great to get those deep dark crusts.

As for the wood fired Neapolitan pizza's, it really sucks having to move away from them but I'd rather start experimenting now before it's too late. I've been looking at a Cracker style crusts or NY style. I've been testing recipes but none come close to the neapolitan, I may have to change the style of pizzas that i currently make. The uncooked sauce in the deck oven also doesn't have the same effect as the WFO, it tastes a little raw even after baking the pizza's.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20