A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Door Dash or Grub Hub how do they work?  (Read 188 times)

Offline Lukenick1

• I Love Pizza!
Door Dash or Grub Hub how do they work?
« on: October 17, 2021, 10:31:20 AM »
Might be losing our only in house delivery driver and thought about partnering with either door dash or grub hub.  How do the orders come in to our shop?  Is it worth it to use them?  How can you make any profit if they take 25%?
Thanks would love to hear any feedback from those who partner with them. 

Offline PizzaGarage

Re: Door Dash or Grub Hub how do they work?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:18:00 PM »
Depends really on the capabilities of your on premise POS system - generally it goes like this.  First open your wallet and throw some money in the trash can, get used to doing that, it's overly costly but keep in mind it's social media world and in my opinion Door Dash capitalizes on people with disposable income and on the pizza shops and other food establishments.

DoorDash:

Basic:  15% Delivery, 6% Pickup = 21%
Plus: 25% Delivery, 6% Pickup = 31%
Premier: 30% Delivery, 6% Pickup  = 36%
Self Delivery: 12% Delivery, 6% Pickup = 18% - just to be able to use their site for a customer order but your drivers.

Orders come into your shop to your on premise POS system by means of integration of your POS and their ordering system.  Customers uses the Mobile Door Dash app to display your menu items and costs (you provide that manually or depending on your POS capabilities menu items are sent automatically to the Door Dash ordering system).  Customer orders off the mobile app then their ordering system sends the order to your POS system.  Optionally via their StoreFront system they can process credit cards at 2.9% on top of the plans above.

Here are some reviews found on the Internet -
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/doordash.com
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.grubhub.com

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:24:07 PM by PizzaGarage »

Offline Lukenick1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 09:59:15 AM »
Depends really on the capabilities of your on premise POS system - generally it goes like this.  First open your wallet and throw some money in the trash can, get used to doing that, it's overly costly but keep in mind it's social media world and in my opinion Door Dash capitalizes on people with disposable income and on the pizza shops and other food establishments.

DoorDash:

Basic:  15% Delivery, 6% Pickup = 21%
Plus: 25% Delivery, 6% Pickup = 31%
Premier: 30% Delivery, 6% Pickup  = 36%
Self Delivery: 12% Delivery, 6% Pickup = 18% - just to be able to use their site for a customer order but your drivers.

Orders come into your shop to your on premise POS system by means of integration of your POS and their ordering system.  Customers uses the Mobile Door Dash app to display your menu items and costs (you provide that manually or depending on your POS capabilities menu items are sent automatically to the Door Dash ordering system).  Customer orders off the mobile app then their ordering system sends the order to your POS system.  Optionally via their StoreFront system they can process credit cards at 2.9% on top of the plans above.

Here are some reviews found on the Internet -
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/doordash.com
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.grubhub.com

Thanks for that, so in a nut shell its a waste of money. 

Offline JWFPIZZZA

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 01:38:07 PM »
we use slice for our online ordering and they partner with doordash, its a 6.99 fee which we just pass along to our customer if they choose delivery. slice does offer you to choose how much of the fee will be passed along to the customer, We don't really like delivery so if the customer insists... they will have to pay for it. bottom line....we offer delivery without taking a dime out of our pocket but with a really high fee to the customer. oddly a lotta people still choose delivery

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress