A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: My trip to Naples and back  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
Re: My trip to Naples and back
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2021, 01:51:34 PM »
My 13" pizza's kept hitting the wall of my F1 oven when they slid of the peal. Resulting in oval pizza's with the bottom ending up thicker on the wrinkled side. Perhaps there is something wrong with my sliding technique but it is very frustrating when it happens,

So i moved the a smaller size pizza, like other users of this oven have stated is better, but i am stubborn and love big pizza's. The first attempt with a 250 gram dough ball resulted in one of my better looking pizza's, but the bottom was way too thick for my taste. During stretching it seemed just fine, perhaps something went wrong with sliding off.  It looked like it went of fine but the pizza did look smaller when it came out then before on the peal.

Any suggestions?

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • Sour dough = happy me
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2021, 02:20:57 PM »
The pie will shrink a little when you launch it. How much depends on various factors like how elastic it is, how much topping, how much friction the peel has. What is your launch method?

I move the peel in and do a single, quick pull back out so the pie drops straight down.
Heine
Oven: Effeuno P134H

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2021, 03:20:02 AM »
I didn't know the pizza shrinks a little at launch. What i do is i shake the pizza off the peel and pull it out. Haven't mastered the way you do it which i think is better.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2021, 10:31:44 AM »
After pondering some more about the issue i think i probably over kneaded the dough last time. Tonight i'll give it another try with dough balls weighing 230 grams.

This was my first bake in 60 seconds.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2021, 10:44:45 AM »
A little overcooked but it didn't shrink as much this time after kneading the dough less long.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2021, 01:32:11 PM »
Pizza Margherita baked in 90 seconds with one turn after 70 seconds.

The dough ball weighed 230 grams and i managed to stretch the pizza almost to a 13" size. The bottom was super thin everywhere without wrinkles, hooray!  :chef:

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »
Like others have stated, smaller pizza's work best in the F1 oven. This is true and it's a pity since i like big pizza's. Anyways, i just eat two smaller ones, as they make one big one sorta.

The dough ball weighted 250 grams, 65% hydro and 0,4 grams salt. Baked in 60 seconds with one turn after 30 seconds on 510 degrees. Both top and bottom set to 500 and preheated for an hour.

Offline typicalsam

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2021, 12:23:26 PM »
That's the main thing I'm jealous about with the ooni - the size, however, if the f1 was bigger I'd really struggle to fit it into my kitchen!

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2021, 02:23:33 PM »
They could have made it in 40x40cm with more wattage above..  Or upgrade the wattage of the p150..

Still it's a gem of an oven and easy to use.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »
That's the main thing I'm jealous about with the ooni - the size, however, if the f1 was bigger I'd really struggle to fit it into my kitchen!
After the bakes i put the oven away, otherwise i have make coffee on it! So, i wouldn't mind if it was a bit bigger, long as i can  lift it and the pizza's fit in my mouth!  :-D

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2021, 08:31:33 AM »
They could have made it in 40x40cm with more wattage above..  Or upgrade the wattage of the p150..
Yes this sounds like a very good upgrade. The rather small size of the oven can be a bit frustrating when another pizza hits the back of the wall. You can hear me curse in Spain when that happens! I've been tempted to smack the oven with the pizza peel!  :-[
Still it's a gem of an oven and easy to use.
Yes it certainly is! I use it twice a week and the local pizzeria hasn't seen me ever since! They must think i am mad at them!  >:D

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
Inspired by @Amolapizza here is my first pizza Margherita classica! I used a rolling pin to make the bottom.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2021, 12:12:37 PM »
Loved how it tasted! The bottom seems more evenly then when stretched with hand only. But perhaps that's just my bad stretching!!

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »
Another attempt at pizza classica with the use of a rolling pin. The previous dough ball weighted 220 grams and this one was 275 grams. Pizza's are baked with the F1 at full power warming up for an hour.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2021, 12:39:58 PM »
Made two Margherita Classica's tonight. The first one with the use of a rolling pin and the second i stretched the bottom with my hands. The second pizza tasted much better.

This time i immediately made dough balls after kneading the dough without bulk rise. Like i mentioned in another topic, it seems to make it easier to form thin bottoms with hand without uneven spots in the end.

The picture is of the second Margherita.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2021, 01:34:53 PM »
Had a go at Neapolitan pizza tonight. The first one tasted amazing!

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2021, 11:58:53 AM »
Another attempt at Neapolitan pizza.

I added grated pecorino cheese and one spoon less tomato sauce very much to my liking!

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2021, 03:25:04 AM »
Yesterday evening i craved for Margherita.

The top and the bottom of the F1 set to 500 degrees and warming up for three quarters.

Baked the pie in 30 seconds, turned it and another 30 seconds.

Offline typicalsam

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2021, 11:59:21 AM »
pizzas looking very nice

i wonder if the preheat wastes some energy as the top gets to 500c very fast and the bottom takes longer to heat the stone

ive started putting the top to 400 or so and the bottom to 450 and then crank the top to maximum when im ready - just feels like a lot of electricity to have the chamber at 500c while the stone is still slowly heating?

Offline typicalsam

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2021, 12:14:02 PM »
The pie will shrink a little when you launch it. How much depends on various factors like how elastic it is, how much topping, how much friction the peel has. What is your launch method?

I move the peel in and do a single, quick pull back out so the pie drops straight down.
i am trying to stick with this technique but i find the margin for error in the effeuno is quite small - yesterday i nearly pulled one pizza back out of the oven with this approach - had a nice dough lip slightly hanging over the edge of the stone that i managed to nudge back into the oven

i think i need to over compensate by reaching right to the back of the oven, lightly touch the back wall, before doing the pull back, so if the pizza comes forwards r a few CM it will still land in the oven (as its deeper than it is wide there is some clearance front to back even if the pizza nearly touches both sides of the oven!).