A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: pizza shop question  (Read 318 times)

Offline rog2019

• I Love Pizza!
pizza shop question
« on: October 22, 2021, 06:40:06 PM »
hi

I am in the very early stages of starting my own shop. I am trying to find out some basic info for my business plan. I know there are not spot on or guaranteed numbers I'm just looking for a round about average. so if anyone would be willing to help me out i would really appreciate it.
1st What is a avg ticket price (i know area is a big factor) I've seen estimates for 12-40 does this seem right?
2nd Avg daily transactions i really can't find much on this.
3rd How many days are you guys open? 6/7?
4th Is delivery a must? i know a lot of places around me do not deliver.
5th On a avg day what does your staffing look like?
Help with any of these questions would be a huge help!!!
Thanks again for helping a newb out. :chef:

Offline Mikefln

• I Love Pizza!
Re: pizza shop question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 11:00:02 AM »
I am not a shop owner so I cannot help with most of your questions but as a customer in Pittsburgh I can give insight on your 4th question.

Not sure what area in Pittsburgh you are operating but by and large the pizza places that do not deliver around here (and I assume most cities) fall in 3 categories.

1) are either old established shops that have loyal fan bases that are willing to make the effort there because their pizza is great (Fioris/Alleo's/Mineo's/Vincent's if they are still around etc)
2) they are in walking neighborhoods like South Side/Mt Lebo/Sq Hill ect so it is just part of the culture.
3) they are more pizza restaurant then they are pizza shop (il pizzaiolo etc) therefore people go there planning on eating there.

Not saying that delivery is a must, but that is what I see as a pizza customer in the Burgh for whatever that is worth.   

Let me know when you are up and running and location/name I would love to stop by and give your place a try.

Offline woodfiredandrew

• follow your passion!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 01:34:07 PM »
hi

I am in the very early stages of starting my own shop. I am trying to find out some basic info for my business plan. I know there are not spot on or guaranteed numbers I'm just looking for a round about average. so if anyone would be willing to help me out i would really appreciate it.
1st What is a avg ticket price (i know area is a big factor) I've seen estimates for 12-40 does this seem right?
2nd Avg daily transactions i really can't find much on this.
3rd How many days are you guys open? 6/7?
4th Is delivery a must? i know a lot of places around me do not deliver.
5th On a avg day what does your staffing look like?
Help with any of these questions would be a huge help!!!
Thanks again for helping a newb out. :chef:

you are asking very open ended questions....imo
What is your vision? if you take a time to put it down then people would shred it based on their thought process.
when i said vision meaning every which way, do you see making 150 pizzas/day,  do you see yourself open from 11am thru 9 pm 6 days or 7 days.
pizza you have in mind to sell to customer, what price would you willing to pay for it if you have to buy it. etc. etc.   

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 07:59:51 PM »
you are asking very open ended questions....imo
What is your vision? if you take a time to put it down then people would shred it based on their thought process.
when i said vision meaning every which way, do you see making 150 pizzas/day,  do you see yourself open from 11am thru 9 pm 6 days or 7 days.
pizza you have in mind to sell to customer, what price would you willing to pay for it if you have to buy it. etc. etc.

Kind of agree with that.

Being in China, my "mission" is to make a better pizza for Chinese people. That's to say:
1/ if the average pizza is 5$ with those ingredients, mine will likely be 6-7$ with my ingredients;
2/ you might have to do the math on this one (how many pizza do I need to sell to make money, instead of "will I make money if I sell 10 pies/day? 50? 200?")
3/ For you, the less the better; for your customers, the more the better  ;D (I used to make 7/7 and that's way too much, I should have thought about my mental health  :-D)
4/ I know delivery is a PITA but with all this covid thing that may be a smart thing to do? Specially if shops around don't do it. This needs to be thought thoroughly.
5/ I'm not sure I understand the question correctly, does that roughly mean "how many employees do I need" ? For this one, I'd refer to #2.

I didn't give you specific answers, but you need to refine the project first. Good luck, keep us posted!
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

A D V E R T I S E M E N T