A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Victory Pig Style Pizza - Northeastern PA  (Read 197978 times)

Offline Mark Polo

Re: Victory Pig Style Pizza - Northeastern PA
« Reply #480 on: April 06, 2022, 04:49:02 PM »
I cook it at home at 470 F.

Offline mkoss

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #481 on: April 09, 2022, 06:09:42 PM »
I think that will vary depending on the oven size. I use a winco pizza oven that has upper and lower coils close to the pan. I keep the cheese covered in aluminum foil until the last couple minutes. The dial says 430 but don't know how accurate it is. I cook for a total of 19 minutes for a 9X9 pizza. the cheese is from city mager in wilkes barre and keep it from browning and burning. Its land of lakes mild cheddar that pizza loven and vp use. This cheese is super important to recreate their taste. While other cheese can work I think the lol is best. I'm trying to find a source in new england. I bought 15 lbs when in and vacuum seal and refrigerate it in between use. It freezes good as well.

Offline zoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #482 on: April 11, 2022, 02:26:58 PM »
I think that will vary depending on the oven size. I use a winco pizza oven that has upper and lower coils close to the pan. I keep the cheese covered in aluminum foil until the last couple minutes. The dial says 430 but don't know how accurate it is. I cook for a total of 19 minutes for a 9X9 pizza. the cheese is from city mager in wilkes barre and keep it from browning and burning. Its land of lakes mild cheddar that pizza loven and vp use. This cheese is super important to recreate their taste. While other cheese can work I think the lol is best. I'm trying to find a source in new england. I bought 15 lbs when in and vacuum seal and refrigerate it in between use. It freezes good as well.

Thanks for your advice. I see the videos of Victory Pig and Pizza Perfect and they cook everything at once. I was just wondering the temperature they use to get the cheese so perfect.

Offline mkoss

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2022, 10:22:15 PM »
The ovens they use are professional which have uniform temperature throughout which aids in cooking evenly.  To compensate with my oven I cover the pan with aluminum foil and only remove the foil in the last couple minutes monitoring the cheese to keep it from overcooking and burning.

Offline smitty22

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2022, 05:34:23 PM »
Has anyone tried using premade dough balls for the crust/dough?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress