A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 476541 times)

Offline Booty156

• quack
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #1420 on: November 02, 2020, 09:31:37 AM »
New terracotta stone keeps catching on the upper dome, any idea what to do?

Offline cypress

• Pizza Life. One Slice At A Time
« Reply #1421 on: November 02, 2020, 10:42:49 AM »
New terracotta stone keeps catching on the upper dome, any idea what to do?

only two options really. go smaller or go lower. raising the dome is way too complicated, i wouldn't do that.

Offline PizzaMonk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1422 on: November 04, 2020, 09:58:19 PM »
Please advise:
I received an used G3Ferrari Model: 101/ML 1XP20200 Pizza Express Napoli

The problem i have is when i turn on the oven: after about 1 minute (tried twice now) the groundleak switch in my house turns off. No more electricity in the house.
While the device works, for the short duration, the light works and the resistances are starting to heat up.

1 - I expect this device hasn't been used for a long time so maybe there has built up moisture / humidity in the resistance (heating element)? This is a common issue from what i have been reading?
Is it a good idea to try and make the oven run on (2 1/2) for a hour in a powersocket without ground? Or are there risks?
If the moisture is the issue should it work normally (with grounded power socket) after running it for an hour?

2 - Is there something else/extra i should do or check?

The oven looks just like this one: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19732.0;attach=303848;image

Appreciate the help  :pizza:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:25:39 PM by PizzaMonk »

Offline Elle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1423 on: November 05, 2020, 02:59:02 AM »
Please advise:
I received an used G3Ferrari Model: 101/ML 1XP20200 Pizza Express Napoli

The problem i have is when i turn on the oven: after about 1 minute (tried twice now) the groundleak switch in my house turns off. No more electricity in the house.
While the device works, for the short duration, the light works and the resistances are starting to heat up.

1 - I expect this device hasn't been used for a long time so maybe there has built up moisture / humidity in the resistance (heating element)? This is a common issue from what i have been reading?
Is it a good idea to try and make the oven run on (2 1/2) for a hour in a powersocket without ground? Or are there risks?
If the moisture is the issue should it work normally (with grounded power socket) after running it for an hour?

2 - Is there something else/extra i should do or check?

The oven looks just like this one: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19732.0;attach=303848;image

Appreciate the help  :pizza:

I had the exact same problem after I received my used Napoli when using a grounded outlet. This doesn't necessarily mean the cause is the same as yours, but it may help your situation nonetheless.

I tried a non-grounded outlet very carefully just to test if it could go beyond the thermostat setting it could achieve on the grounded outlet. It was fine. After asking for advice here I ordered new original heating elements, as the consensus was that something must be wrong with one of the heating elements.  Lo and behold, the same thing happened with the new elements... A couple of months later I bought a second used oven, albeit the grey 110V one. Second oven, same problem... So by this point I realized the problem was not with the ovens or the elements, but with my electrical wiring. As it turns out nearly all of the sockets I use on a daily basis are part of the same group. With a 16A fuse this group is limited to about 3680W. With everything on at the same time it was just too much for the group, so once the oven started to pull more power after a few minutes of heating the ground leak tripped. So in my case the solution was to switch off a few other things while the oven was in use. Once I started doing that it never happened again. So now I'm stuck with an unneccessary extra set of heating elements but well, it is what it is.

Offline PizzaMonk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1424 on: November 05, 2020, 05:42:39 AM »
Elle Thank you for sharing your experience.

I had the exact same problem after I received my used Napoli when using a grounded outlet. This doesn't necessarily mean the cause is the same as yours, but it may help your situation nonetheless.

I asked an electrician and he came to the conclusion that because of the fact that the groundleak switch went off and not the individual group switch.
It had to do something with the device itself and couldn't be the hypothesis that it was pulling to much power.
Not sure if this logic is true?

Anyone else? Appreciated

Offline Elle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1425 on: November 05, 2020, 05:53:22 AM »
Elle Thank you for sharing your experience.

I asked an electrician and he came to the conclusion that because of the fact that the groundleak switch went off and not the individual group switch.
It had to do something with the device itself and couldn't be the hypothesis that it was pulling to much power.
Not sure if this logic is true?

Anyone else? Appreciated

Yet that is exactly what happened in my case. Two different ovens with three different sets of heating elements, including a brand new OEM set, all caused the ground leak to trip, not the group switch. Once I lowered the load on the group neither one of the ovens with either set of heating elements has ever had any issues. It wouldn't hurt to at least try it before dismissing the help I'm offering you...

Edited to add: and it doesn't take much Googling to support my hypothesis: https://www.electricien.nl/faq/uitgevallen-aardlekschakelaar/ and https://www.technischeunie.nl/categorie/aardlekautomaat-of-aardlekschakelaar.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 06:04:59 AM by Elle »

Offline PizzaMonk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1426 on: November 05, 2020, 06:15:33 AM »
Yet that is exactly what happened in my case. Two different ovens with three different sets of heating elements, including a brand new OEM set, all caused the ground leak to trip, not the group switch. Once I lowered the load on the group neither one of the ovens with either set of heating elements has ever had any issues. It wouldn't hurt to at least try it before dismissing the help I'm offering you...

Sorry, I forgot to mention:
The second time i tried the oven on a different group and I unplugged 95% of all unnecessary devices in my house. (except: refrigerator, central heating, coffee machine)
Put the oven to Setting 1 and this 2nd time it felt the groundleak switch tripped ~30 seconds faster than the first attempt. The first time it was on Setting 2 1/2 and all other devices were still plugged in.

Next attempt i will unplug everything just to make sure!

EDIT Update:
I was able to run the oven for 20-30 minutes on max and peaked at 485 C
After the oven cooled down i was able to test the oven for another 10 minutes with setting 2 1/2 without any problem.

Seems like the issue is solved. Will do another test tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 03:39:05 PM by PizzaMonk »

Offline ivowiblo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1427 on: November 05, 2020, 02:31:30 PM »
Hi! quick question

What do you think will be the impact of a thinner stone? The one I had was 1.8cm but it broke and now I have a 1.5cm. 16% less mass!

My main concern is in terms of time between pies. I guess It will get hot quicker as it's less mass but also it will retain less heat so it go colder after a bake. Any ideas/experiences?

Thanks!

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1428 on: November 05, 2020, 02:52:03 PM »
Hi! quick question

What do you think will be the impact of a thinner stone? The one I had was 1.8cm but it broke and now I have a 1.5cm. 16% less mass!

My main concern is in terms of time between pies. I guess It will get hot quicker as it's less mass but also it will retain less heat so it go colder after a bake. Any ideas/experiences?

Thanks!

Might crack/break easier being thinner.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline cypress

« Reply #1429 on: November 05, 2020, 03:25:24 PM »
Hi! quick question

Thanks!

a thinner stone can work to your advantage though as it reacts quicker to heat changes.

Offline ivowiblo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1430 on: November 24, 2020, 10:14:54 PM »
Hi! Quick question: how do you guys manage to work with the stone heating too much. Suppose you need to wait a couple of mins after one pizza and the stone gets too hot. What do you do? turn it off a couple of mins?

Thanks!

Offline cypress

« Reply #1431 on: November 26, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »
Hi! Quick question: how do you guys manage to work with the stone heating too much. Suppose you need to wait a couple of mins after one pizza and the stone gets too hot. What do you do? turn it off a couple of mins?

Thanks!

open the lid for a while

Offline JohannesWiberg

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1432 on: November 27, 2020, 04:29:36 AM »
Hi everone,
I'm looking for a electric pizza oven and happened on this forum - what a treasure trove!

In Sweden where I live, I can buy a G3 Ferrari Delizia for 185/220$. But I could also find cheaper stuff like the "Ariete 0909", "KitchPRO Pizza Maker", or the "Bestron APZ400".
Are they all pretty equal or is there a reason to go for a special brand?

I'm prepared to do simple modding, but will probably not go full amateur electrician on whatever I buy.

Offline Pizzamannen

« Reply #1433 on: November 28, 2020, 07:55:35 AM »
Hi everone,
I'm looking for a electric pizza oven and happened on this forum - what a treasure trove!

In Sweden where I live, I can buy a G3 Ferrari Delizia for 185/220$. But I could also find cheaper stuff like the "Ariete 0909", "KitchPRO Pizza Maker", or the "Bestron APZ400".
Are they all pretty equal or is there a reason to go for a special brand?

I'm prepared to do simple modding, but will probably not go full amateur electrician on whatever I buy.

Hei :)

I think G3 Ferrari is the best one. You can also see if get a used one, the old model.

Like: https://foto-divertente.blogspot.com/2019/12/pizza-euro-express-napoli.html

I norway you get this for 200kr-500kr.

Offline Vespa72

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1434 on: December 13, 2020, 10:46:56 AM »
nuovo video un piacere essere qui con voi
ultimo video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=3611733779052177&set=pob.100006467705496
ciao Vespa72

Offline busycarlos124

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1435 on: December 28, 2020, 04:13:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

In the process of modding my oven and seem to have the hang of everything. My only questions is regarding the rotating motor... If I buy a rotisserie motor can i just wire it into the same electric circuit within the oven?

I have G3 Ferrari Delizia new model.... 1200W.

Offline cypress

« Reply #1436 on: December 28, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
Hi Guys,

In the process of modding my oven and seem to have the hang of everything. My only questions is regarding the rotating motor... If I buy a rotisserie motor can i just wire it into the same electric circuit within the oven?

I have G3 Ferrari Delizia new model.... 1200W.

think so. if you want it to be switchable that's another story. in that case i would go into an external multi socket with a switch. kind of a hack but it gets the job done  :D

Offline toasd

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1437 on: February 12, 2021, 12:49:07 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm really impressed about all your incredible Neapolitan pizzas  8)

I have an Optima Pizza Express Happy Hour pizzamaker and my pizzas usually need 3-4 minutes until they're ready.
I would like to bake Neapolitan pizzas within 60-90 seconds and would prefer a "plug-and-play"-solution  ;D
The most mods I found so far are for the G3 Ferrari. Which modification / heating element could you recommend for the Optima Happy Hour?

Thanks a lot!

Offline illuvatar

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1438 on: April 02, 2021, 03:36:14 PM »
I'm buying a optima napoli pizza oven. It's this one: https://www.coolblue.nl/en/product/362187/optima-napoli-pizza-oven-cast-iron.html

From what I read, this one should reach a higher temperature than the g3 ferrari (450 in stead of 390).

I read some pages in this very informative thread, but would the one I ordered also need some modifications to the top part to avoid burning the bottom of the pizza while the top isn't cooked yet?

1. The reflective aluminium behind the top heater. Is this just aluminium foil? Can you just easily put it there without de-attaching the heater and what's the best way to make it stay put?

2. The smaller deflective aluminium pie shape in the center of the top heating element. Is this just aluminium foil bent into the right shape? Or what do you use for it?

3. Is it needed in the one I ordered to move the bottom heater to the top so all heat comes from above? Like this video

4. Is it also needed to mod the thermostat even if you moved the bottom one to the top? Can't you just keep slowly increasing the knob so the heating element(s) stay on?

Thanks for any info!

Offline cypress

« Reply #1439 on: April 02, 2021, 04:54:02 PM »
I'm buying a optima napoli pizza oven. It's this one: https://www.coolblue.nl/en/product/362187/optima-napoli-pizza-oven-cast-iron.html

From what I read, this one should reach a higher temperature than the g3 ferrari (450 in stead of 390).

I read some pages in this very informative thread, but would the one I ordered also need some modifications to the top part to avoid burning the bottom of the pizza while the top isn't cooked yet?

i don't think these are able to reach temps above 390C out of the box. so you will have to move the bottom element to the dome and wire them both in serial.
in addition you will have to mod the thermostat or replace it with a simple on/off switch.
you can't just turn the heat up slowly because the thermostat shuts off at around 390 and you need at least 430 stone temp to make it happen.
the other mods like aluminum reflector/deflector are not really needed imho but for the reflector it is best to use some kind of disposable aluminum takeout dish and for deflector you can use a lid.
before you go above 400C make sure to swap all screws inside the oven for stainless steel ones as the stock ones are most likely zinc coated. zinc melts at around 420C.