A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 476545 times)

Offline blaze73

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #1460 on: April 17, 2021, 12:30:37 PM »
No in detail, but I remember it was more than the biscotto...

Maybe 25E, I seem to remember it costing around 40E all in all.
Okay, I hear you. Thanks.  I have emailed them.

Offline GeeWhizRS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1461 on: May 12, 2021, 05:09:47 AM »
Okay, here's the score... I moved the bottom element on my G3 Ferrari to the top, removed the thermostat and replaced with a toggle switch.  I must have missed the part about wiring the elements in series and instead wired them in parallel.  Let me tell you, those babies got hot very quickly.  They also now do not work.  ::)
So what I need is a replacement 240v element for the top - 1500-1600w I suppose.  The trouble is, I can't find one.  Has anyone managed to source one that could supply me with a link?  Thanks.

Offline cypress

• Pizza Life. One Slice At A Time
« Reply #1462 on: May 12, 2021, 06:50:27 AM »
Okay, here's the score... I moved the bottom element on my G3 Ferrari to the top, removed the thermostat and replaced with a toggle switch.  I must have missed the part about wiring the elements in series and instead wired them in parallel.  Let me tell you, those babies got hot very quickly.  They also now do not work.  ::)
So what I need is a replacement 240v element for the top - 1500-1600w I suppose.  The trouble is, I can't find one.  Has anyone managed to source one that could supply me with a link?  Thanks.

delizia or napoli? for the napoli you can get the coera element from spain. drop them an email at [email protected] and ask for the 1600 watt element for the napoli oven. i don't know if there is anything for the delizia in this watt range.

Offline GeeWhizRS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1463 on: May 12, 2021, 07:23:34 AM »
delizia or napoli? for the napoli you can get the coera element from spain. drop them an email at [email protected] and ask for the 1600 watt element for the napoli oven. i don't know if there is anything for the delizia in this watt range.
Thanks, it's a Delizia.  Do you know what wattage of element is available for this model? Thanks. 

Offline cypress

« Reply #1464 on: May 12, 2021, 07:47:11 AM »
Thanks, it's a Delizia.  Do you know what wattage of element is available for this model? Thanks.

as far as i know only the 600 watts in 110v

Offline Solis

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1465 on: May 12, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
I think that this element is 220v, Young must gordi out the down original element. I have an spice caliente without thermostat and stone modifieds, and I hope to put the coera early

Offline PRG_kid

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1466 on: July 30, 2021, 01:47:55 PM »
Hi all,

this thread is great! After reading most of the pages I have decided to do my own modification to the oven. Don't have one yet though.

I have been thinking of buying this one. Optima Electra Pizza Express Napoli. Can someone confirm it would be suitable for the mod where you switch the top heating for coera 1400 or 1600 watt element easily? Or should it be rewired as the newer models of G3 Ferrari?

https://pizzaunited.co.uk/products/optima-pizza-express-napoli-pizza-oven
https://pizzahobby.eu/pizza-ovens/10-domestic-pizza-oven-optima-electra-pizza-express-napoli-8020390010191.html

I hope to post my first tries on Neapolitan pizza in few weeks if this setup works. :)

Thanks

Offline cypress

« Reply #1467 on: July 30, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
Can someone confirm it would be suitable for the mod where you switch the top heating for coera 1400 or 1600 watt element easily? Or should it be rewired as the newer models of G3 Ferrari?

you would have to rewire it. moving both heating elements to the dome is one solution. or you'd have to get a 230v one for bottom and coera for the dome.

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1468 on: August 25, 2021, 01:07:14 PM »
I bought a biscotto from Fornace Saputo, and it wasn't a big problem.  I sent a few email, got a proforma, paid it, and 2 weeks later I had my biscotto.  But if they don't have or produce them anymore, then Fiesoli will work as a replacement.  I bought one from them too, and it was also painless and quite fast.  I think about a week from order to delivery in Luxemburg.

For my Effeuno p134h electric oven I prefer the Saputo biscotto, but the Fiesoli works quite well too.

Is the Fiesoli more conductive than Saputo? 

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #1469 on: August 26, 2021, 05:55:23 AM »
I don't know for sure, but I think so.

My biscotto weights about 6,750g for 40x35x3 cm which gives a specific weight of 1.88g / cm3.
The Fiesoli weights 3,500g for 40x35x1 cm which gives 2.92g / cm3.

I bought it as it was supposed to be the new holy grail, but I've only used it once or twice.  I thought it seemed to put more heat into the bottom of the pizza and have continued using the Saputo biscotto (at least I have an emergency spare in case of unforeseen problems).  Note that they've reformulated the clay mix since I bought mine, so it might be less dense nowadays.

For anyone unable to order from Fornace Saputo, there are several companies in the same village (Casapulla) making bricks and biscotto for WFOs.  I'd imagine that they are all made from the same raw materials and very similar in properties.  You can find them searching google for "fornace casapulla", here are a two candidates:

https://www.fornacesorbo.com/index-en.html
http://www.fornacemastroianni.it/

I'm pretty sure that the Italian Confraternita della pizza used to sell a biscotto from Fornace Mastroianni (Formas) for many years after they stopped selling the Saputo and before selling the Fiesoli.  So that one ought to be very similar.  I'm sure that there are a few more if one digs deeply, also companies building ovens (also called fornace) that might want to sell just a biscotto.

Here is a link with a list of similar companies in the same area: https://www.reteimprese.it/fornaci/casapulla

« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:56:59 AM by amolapizza »
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline victorovera

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1470 on: September 22, 2021, 09:24:55 PM »
Greeting,

This question might allready be answered but i colud not look through all 74 pages without getting hungry.

I just got a g3 ferrari delizia. And i want to replace the stone for a better one and also  i am going to eliminate the bottom heating element and get another round one for the top.

Where could I purchase thes two things (better stone, round heating element to add to the top?

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1471 on: September 23, 2021, 11:07:05 AM »
Greeting,

This question might allready be answered but i colud not look through all 74 pages without getting hungry.

I just got a g3 ferrari delizia. And i want to replace the stone for a better one and also  i am going to eliminate the bottom heating element and get another round one for the top.

Where could I purchase thes two things (better stone, round heating element to add to the top?
No offense, but it seems like you would have done that research before you bought the oven. Are you already unsatisfied with it, or have you just heard about mods other people have done? What's the story?
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline victorovera

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1472 on: September 23, 2021, 04:15:10 PM »
No offense, but it seems like you would have done that research before you bought the oven. Are you already unsatisfied with it, or have you just heard about mods other people have done? What's the story?

So i purchased a Forno Magnifico a year ago and tried to work with tbe pac man heating element but its not ideal. Ive eliminated thermostat and thermo fuse. Put a reflector and deflector.

The forno magnifico has a black enamel as a stone and the pizzas burn on the bottom e to fast.

The forno magnifico has cheaper components. And i have detroyed it with little use. It still works but its falling appart
So now I got the black G3. And want to curate some mods for it. Starting with a better stone and another round heating element no pac man. Also i want to elevate upper dome an inch to ad space. Plus i want to replace al cables for higher heat rating.

If ypu can help guied me i really appretiate it. I dont know were to get components here in usa

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1473 on: September 23, 2021, 08:02:58 PM »
So i purchased a Forno Magnifico a year ago and tried to work with tbe pac man heating element but its not ideal. Ive eliminated thermostat and thermo fuse. Put a reflector and deflector.

The forno magnifico has a black enamel as a stone and the pizzas burn on the bottom e to fast.

The forno magnifico has cheaper components. And i have detroyed it with little use. It still works but its falling appart
So now I got the black G3. And want to curate some mods for it. Starting with a better stone and another round heating element no pac man. Also i want to elevate upper dome an inch to ad space. Plus i want to replace al cables for higher heat rating.

If ypu can help guied me i really appretiate it. I dont know were to get components here in usa
Sorry, Iím not really a mechanically inclined person, and I have no experience with that oven. I was just curious. I would be concerned about nullifying the warranty if you change the oven.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #1474 on: September 24, 2021, 04:07:46 AM »
For a stone you can try https://shop.fiesoliarte.com/shop/
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline cypress

« Reply #1475 on: September 24, 2021, 04:32:52 AM »
for heat resistant wiring try catersparesuk.co.uk, they ship worldwide. round heating elements for the delizia you can find on ebay italia.

Offline victorovera

• I Love Pizza!

Offline victorovera

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1477 on: September 24, 2021, 11:35:17 AM »
for heat resistant wiring try catersparesuk.co.uk, they ship worldwide. round heating elements for the delizia you can find on ebay italia.

Thank you for sharing this site.

Can you tell mu how i can search on ebay.it for the exact round heating element the delizia has now?

Also is there a materials list you can share for the cables and connectors i need to order to replace all needed components for high tempature?  Sorry i dont meen to get an easy pass on this one :).

Offline Tim H

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1478 on: September 25, 2021, 09:28:47 AM »
Does anyone else know of someone who ships replacement G3ferrari legs to the UK? Our G10006 arrived with a broken leg  >:(

Offline toroal

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1479 on: October 08, 2021, 11:18:57 AM »
Hello,

I ordered yesterday my G3 Ferrari Napoli and I have some questions?

I will order 1200W heater from coera Spain,  I will disconnect the bottom heater and  I will eliminate  the thermostat. I saw that is better way for better pizzas.

I saw that is good idea to change the stone with Biscotto Saputo, but I did not understand why you changed it? What is better if I swap with biscotto saputo?