12"x12" Cold rolled steel pans

Started by waltertore, April 20, 2021, 10:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

deb415611

Quote from: Legionz on October 15, 2022, 01:13:51 AM
I have this pan but my issue with it is it warps immediately when I put it in the oven (at 550) so only the center of it is making contact with the steel. It leads to uneven baking on the bottom and sometimes burning in the center (the only place where the pan is making contact with the steel). If the pan didn't warp it would be much better.

I have used mine several times and one is always on  the steel (which lives in my oven).  I have not had any issues with warping.  Are you putting the pan in while cold, out of the fridge maybe?  The extreme temp change might be the cause if you are.
Deb

waltertore

Quote from: Legionz on October 15, 2022, 01:13:51 AM
I have this pan but my issue with it is it warps immediately when I put it in the oven (at 550) so only the center of it is making contact with the steel. It leads to uneven baking on the bottom and sometimes burning in the center (the only place where the pan is making contact with the steel). If the pan didn't warp it would be much better.

I am sorry you are having some trouble with our pans.  Can you please describe your entire pizza making process as well as steel placement/gas or electric oven, location of heat source, and post some pictures of the pans?  Most home ovens are notorious for not being very accurate.  Have you calibrated it with anything other than the oven setting dial?  This will help give me some idea of what the problem is.   Thanks.  Walter
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

waltertore

We have pans back in stock for the holidays.  Online orders only. 
https://www.swhenterprises.com/
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

Travinos_Pizza

Walter,

I've spent too much money on Christmas and on doing things for the house this year (grading, insulation, etc.) My wife wouldn't be very happy with me if I purchased one of these today  :-D.

I know you've hung up the peel, but if you guys are continuing to make these, I'd love to snag one or two next year.
- Travis

waltertore

Quote from: Travinos_Pizza on December 07, 2022, 09:53:21 PM
Walter,

I've spent too much money on Christmas and on doing things for the house this year (grading, insulation, etc.) My wife wouldn't be very happy with me if I purchased one of these today  :-D.

I know you've hung up the peel, but if you guys are continuing to make these, I'd love to snag one or two next year.

we hope to keep making them for a long time. 
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


Travinos_Pizza

- Travis

texmex

Risa sin camisa, sinvergüenza.

waltertore

Quote from: texmex on December 08, 2022, 09:31:23 AM
I love these pans.

We are happy you love them :)  I think everyone would if they tried them.  We had an offer to take the production to China and mass produce them.  Judy, Jeremiah, and I, had no interest.  We will stay small, hands on.
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

Pizza-Face

Handcrafted in America! Yea, baby!  ;D

Pie@MileHigh

Made a pie in one of mine last evening. They'd make a great Christmas gift!
Dean

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


waltertore

Quote from: Pizza-Face on December 08, 2022, 07:14:30 PM
Handcrafted in America! Yea, baby!  ;D

We are about quality, and I saw what China did with the Winco Sicilian pan.  Scary.
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

waltertore

Quote from: Pie@MileHigh on December 08, 2022, 07:56:12 PM
Made a pie in one of mine last evening. They'd make a great Christmas gift!

Thanks and glad you are still diggin it!
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

Travinos_Pizza

Quote from: waltertore on December 08, 2022, 12:19:50 PM
We are happy you love them :)  I think everyone would if they tried them.  We had an offer to take the production to China and mass produce them.  Judy, Jeremiah, and I, had no interest.  We will stay small, hands on.

This is nice to hear as well. Better control of raw materials which means better control of quality, in addition to better control of labor which also leads to better control to quality.
- Travis

waltertore

Quote from: Travinos_Pizza on December 08, 2022, 10:36:57 PM
This is nice to hear as well. Better control of raw materials which means better control of quality, in addition to better control of labor which also leads to better control to quality.

China is a place to send mass production and get mass headaches in return.  We will always hand make them here until we make them no more :)
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

TOSHIO

I see you are out of stock again...

A D V E R T I S E M E N T


waltertore

Quote from: TOSHIO on December 09, 2022, 10:20:37 AM
I see you are out of stock again...

Just uploaded more to the site. Thanks for letting me know :)
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

TOSHIO

great, got mine on order (for my own Holiday present!)

waltertore

Quote from: TOSHIO on December 09, 2022, 01:22:38 PM
great, got mine on order (for my own Holiday present!)

I got your order and will ship it today. Let me know if you have any questions.   
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

Travinos_Pizza

Quote from: waltertore on December 09, 2022, 12:10:16 AM
China is a place to send mass production and get mass headaches in return.  We will always hand make them here until we make them no more :)

I know this too well.

- Travis

waltertore

PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

A D V E R T I S E M E N T