A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Keeping Oven Temp  (Read 238 times)

Offline Fan2311

• I Love Pizza!
Keeping Oven Temp
« on: October 04, 2021, 01:16:54 AM »
Finally got the chance to fire up my new Mugnaini 120 oven today. It went well considering it was my first time ever using a wood oven. It seemed to me though that I went through a lot of wood trying to maintain the temp, and it was still only sitting around 650F on the floor for the most part, with some spikes right after adding new logs. I felt like I was adding wood to the fire much more frequently than anyone I have seen in person or in videos. Are there any suggestions on where the fire should be while cooking or how often wood should be added, or any other tips/tricks to maintain a high cooking temp for neapolitan pizza. The goal will be to sell pizzas out of a food truck so I'll have to maintain a cooking temp over long periods of time.

Another question I had was what I should be doing with the ashes after the fire has been burning for a while. Is that something that you just keep as part of the fire base and let it run its course? I wasn't sure if having too many ashes began to influence airflow to the fire and affect the temp.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:24:13 AM by Fan2311 »

Offline JWFPIZZZA

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Keeping Oven Temp
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 08:26:52 AM »
its a great oven. use a andiron to help with your pursuit for a hotter burning temperature. it will also keep the wood off of the burnt ashes as well as save the deck from eroding

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress