A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: rotating floor ovens  (Read 210 times)

Offline troydunnagan

• I Love Pizza!
rotating floor ovens
« on: April 12, 2022, 02:42:20 PM »
Hello, total newbie here. My name is Troy and I am in the business planning stages of a new pizzeria/brewpub. I am interested in making a hybrid of Neapolitan and NY style pizza. I am so new that I don't know if that is even a possible style or if that style is already categorized. Anyways, I am looking for advice on an oven that can bake a pizza like this. I want the oven(s) to be a show piece in the restaurant and with that said, I want wood fired (gas assisted) ovens. I am looking at rotating floor ovens and preferably one in which the pizza will cook in single rotation around the inside the oven. I understand that these ovens have adjustable speed floors and not sure if it just an adjustment of speed. Plans are for 100 seat indoor dining, 60 outdoor and take out orders. Should I consider 2 ovens?

Does anyone have experience and/or opinions on rotating floor ovens?

Offline mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
Re: rotating floor ovens
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 05:56:17 PM »
No experience but I've eaten at 800 degrees pizza in LA and they use the marana forni rotators if I remember correctly. It cooks well enough

Seems like they are using it in a lot of locations because it reduces the amount of skilled labor they need
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 06:32:26 PM by mosabrina »

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 09:55:38 PM »

Pavesi makes a rotating oven that will suit your needs just fine

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 10:05:57 PM »
beware of trying to do 1 full rotation per pizza.   I find that having the floor moving as fast as possible gives the best results

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 12:18:24 PM »
I am not a wood burning oven expert by any means, but have cooked in just about every kind of oven out there including the large old school vertical 30 pie rotators and roto flex ovens. Timing is the big issue as Scott R mentioned.  In a hot oven one extra rotation can burn your pie so it's not an insert and forget.  I prefer more control and you can get that with the speed adjustment and going to max speed when you see a pie in the rotation that is starting to over cook but not at the opening yet.  Over the course of the night you end up adjusting speed more than you might think. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress