A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Greek pizza help......  (Read 249 times)

Offline Lukenick1

• I Love Pizza!
Greek pizza help......
« on: April 17, 2022, 12:13:13 PM »
What do all you greek pizza makers do if your opened ready to go pizza's sell out and you have to grab a cold dough ball to make a new pizza?  How do you get it to rise quick before cooking?  Those on the go pizza orders are tough.  Looking for tips.....thanks

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Greek pizza help......
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 01:23:30 PM »
Your going to be looking for the warmest place you can find that doesnt exceed the temperature where yeast dies. I personally dont go above 120 degrees.  Good spots to put your dough are on top of your oven, in a prep oven (convection etc) after turning it on for 30 seconds and then off, or in a hot box warming cabinet where your holding your to go pizzas warm.  I have even been known to run dough out to my car parked in the sun on a hot day!

Offline Lukenick1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »
Your going to be looking for the warmest place you can find that doesnt exceed the temperature where yeast dies. I personally dont go above 120 degrees.  Good spots to put your dough are on top of your oven, in a prep oven (convection etc) after turning it on for 30 seconds and then off, or in a hot box warming cabinet where your holding your to go pizzas warm.  I have even been known to run dough out to my car parked in the sun on a hot day!

What we have been doing is stretching out the cold dough into the pan then oiling it and putting it on top of the oven but it takes so long.  We don't have any other ovens to use other than the conveyor oven and we don't have a warming box.  Is it possible to keep dough balls out at room temp then put back in cooler if not used?  Will that ruin them for the next use? 

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 03:13:52 PM »
It really depends on a number of factors, so it would be impossible for me to answer that without a lot of questions being answered, but if they dont rise too much you will be fine.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T