A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Logo  (Read 1728 times)

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
Re: Logo
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2022, 05:56:16 AM »
Dunno if this would work, but what about:

Move the word "Pizza" to go across the center of the inner circle, basically dividing he circle into 2 halves.

Top half of the circle has the hand twirling dough. Bottom half has one peel horizontally.

Then slide the word "Hilda's" over so it's the center of the arch.

Edit: I had missed the entire page of comments, but after seeing it, I 100% agree about paying a professional. What they could do in 5 minutes will likely far surpass a bunch of random ideas from Pizza folks on the internet. That said, below is my entry  :-D

« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:10:22 AM by hammettjr »
Matt

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2022, 02:36:41 PM »
Dunno if this would work, but what about:

Move the word "Pizza" to go across the center of the inner circle, basically dividing he circle into 2 halves.

Top half of the circle has the hand twirling dough. Bottom half has one peel horizontally.

Then slide the word "Hilda's" over so it's the center of the arch.

Edit: I had missed the entire page of comments, but after seeing it, I 100% agree about paying a professional. What they could do in 5 minutes will likely far surpass a bunch of random ideas from Pizza folks on the internet. That said, below is my entry  :-D

Matt,

Thanks much for your input. I tried the Pizza in the center thing and it looked off to me, unfortunately.

I'm in contact with a professional that Bill/SFNM recommended. We'll see...
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2022, 07:09:49 PM »
I'll take a contrarian position.  Does your business even need a logo?  A business logo is supposed to tell the story of what your business is, but pizza is SO universal that it doesn't really need it.  I think just a classic font (Bodoni, Futura or Garamond) does the trick quite nicely.

I've attached a logo that was made for one of my businesses.  The graphic tells the story pretty effectively, and it's necessary to distinguish what it is that I am offering.

Best,
J

Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2022, 09:27:42 PM »
Quick update...

I hired a professional designer per Bill/SFNM's recommendation. I gave her my rough designs, explained in detail what I need and she is working on it as we speak.

There was initial confusion whether I can use the font I picked for commercial use but we straightened it out.

We shall see...
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2022, 04:49:21 PM »
Excited to see what they come up with.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2022, 06:11:23 PM »
Excited to see what they come up with.

Craig,

ETA is Monday or Tuesday.
Mike

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2022, 12:55:36 AM »
We have a final version of the logo.

I have to admit, it's a bit different than the initial versions but it's a great one

I'm sure everyone will have a different opinion but it's the one we're going with.

Mike

Offline 9slicePie

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2022, 10:12:15 AM »
The speckled white design [particularly on the black circles] is very distracting.

And why are there white lines on the peels?

Hope it works out for you.

(Please take this as constructive criticism rather than "hating")
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 12:20:57 PM by 9slicePie »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2022, 12:22:37 PM »
I like it better overall. Just my $0.02 - it would look a LOT better if the weathering was a bit less pronounced and the lettering also had the weathered look.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Rushfan67

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2022, 12:22:51 PM »
I say leave it off - go with # 1