A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: First time using a Lloyd pan.  (Read 915 times)

Offline Decoy205

• Gimme a slice and a square hot
First time using a Lloyd pan.
« on: August 03, 2023, 09:38:20 PM »
Hi All,
Picked up some Lloyd pans and did my first square cook with them.  Normally I use these non-stick cookie sheets spray them with oil and never have any sticking ever.

With the brand new 14x14 Lloyd I washed them as directed and when my dough was ready I piled them with olive oil liberally.  I was sure I got the corners and edges but maybe not enough?

They didnít stick everywhere just in a couple of spots where the sides meet the bottom and randomly one or two spots in the middle.   My family likes them a little blonde so I donít crisp up the bottoms like I would prefer to. 

I cooked 425 convection for about 12 mins total.

Any tips or tricks to make these pans less sticky? 

Hereís how tonightís pie turned out:
John - Home baker. Any day I can make dough is a good day!

Offline Johnny the Gent

• Bake strong!
Re: First time using a Lloyd pan.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 08:04:50 PM »
I also use Lloyds pans, I donít think they need a ton of oil. After oiling I always make sure to spread it around so the whole surface is covered. If there are some stubborn spots (naughty sauce or cheese) a quick pass with a spatula will do the trick.

Did your dough undergo a long proof/rise while in the pan?
Il miglior fabbro

Offline Decoy205

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 11:20:25 PM »
I also use Lloyds pans, I donít think they need a ton of oil. After oiling I always make sure to spread it around so the whole surface is covered. If there are some stubborn spots (naughty sauce or cheese) a quick pass with a spatula will do the trick.

Did your dough undergo a long proof/rise while in the pan?

Thanks Johnny,

I didnít put a crazy amount of oil and I did spread it around and tried to get all the corners.  I put the dough in the pan about an hour to an hour and 30 mins before baking.  Usually I try to let it proof in the pan about 2 hours. Before I got the Lloyd I used a non stick sheet pan and spray oil and never ever had sticking. 

Offline spaceboy

• pizza pizza pizza
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 11:46:06 PM »
Thanks Johnny,

I didnít put a crazy amount of oil and I did spread it around and tried to get all the corners.  I put the dough in the pan about an hour to an hour and 30 mins before baking.  Usually I try to let it proof in the pan about 2 hours. Before I got the Lloyd I used a non stick sheet pan and spray oil and never ever had sticking.

i use crisco for my detroit style pies and there isnt any sticking but for my NY squares when i use the lloyds i use evoo in the pan for the parbake
and then another liberal amount under the parbaked dough before the final cook

i also feel that the lloyds get better over time so keep using em and i also always put a small amount of grapeseed or veg oil in between cooking

Offline Decoy205

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 09:37:53 PM »
i use crisco for my detroit style pies and there isnt any sticking but for my NY squares when i use the lloyds i use evoo in the pan for the parbake
and then another liberal amount under the parbaked dough before the final cook

i also feel that the lloyds get better over time so keep using em and i also always put a small amount of grapeseed or veg oil in between cooking

Thanks Spaceboy.  I put oil on em after I cleaned thanks for the tip.

Offline Decoy205

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 09:42:55 PM »
Round 2 with the Lloyd pans went much better!

Made sure I got oil in all the corners and baked at 450 convection for 12 mins. I was pretty happy overall!

First pie was reg style 2nd pie was L&B style.  I didnít have enough sauce for the L&B but it still came out very good.  Super happy with the result on the 2nd one.  I used whole milk Galbani cheese on the first one and I donít like the way it melts.  I will have to stick with pollyo.

Offline spaceboy

• pizza pizza pizza
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 09:46:11 PM »
hey now lookin good!
that second one especially looks terrific

for the first one...try throwing it under the broiler for a minute or two, might get a better melt on it along with maybe a little charring on the peps
either way, well done.

Offline Decoy205

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 09:50:13 PM »
hey now lookin good!
that second one especially looks terrific

for the first one...try throwing it under the broiler for a minute or two, might get a better melt on it along with maybe a little charring on the peps
either way, well done.

Thanks!  Yeah I do that sometimes to get some color on the top.  Fam likes em more blonde so I donít usually do that.  I like em more crispy. 

The cheese melted so that  wasnít the issue, but it sort of gets stiff after taking it out? Like it doesnít stay stretchy and gooey as long as polyo. It makes like a cheese skin.   Itís weird.   

Offline spaceboy

• pizza pizza pizza
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 09:54:21 PM »
Thanks!  Yeah I do that sometimes to get some color on the top.  Fam likes em more blonde so I donít usually do that.  I like em more crispy. 

The cheese melted so that  wasnít the issue, but it sort of gets stiff after taking it out? Like it doesnít stay stretchy and gooey as long as polyo. It makes like a cheese skin.   Itís weird.

yeah i cant get my hands on grande so i basically just use galbani and i cant say i ever had an issue with it, or hated it or anything.  i tried polly-o once but didnt love it but i cant remember why.  they all seem interchangeable to me in a way.  i really want to try grande

lately i have been using deli sliced boars head WM mozz and im really loving it, especially for a square pie where i put the cheese down first.

Offline Decoy205

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 10:27:46 PM »
yeah i cant get my hands on grande so i basically just use galbani and i cant say i ever had an issue with it, or hated it or anything.  i tried polly-o once but didnt love it but i cant remember why.  they all seem interchangeable to me in a way.  i really want to try grande

lately i have been using deli sliced boars head WM mozz and im really loving it, especially for a square pie where i put the cheese down first.

I have to try grande.  Iím not sure where to get it here.  The 2nd pie I did had the board head sliced and it was very good!  Iíll definitely use that again.