A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: My first Detroit-style -- I'd rate it a B-  (Read 400 times)

Offline macnmotion

• I Love Pizza!
My first Detroit-style -- I'd rate it a B-
« on: November 24, 2022, 09:22:57 AM »
I gave it a shot tonight, using the helpful information given to me this week in these forums (thanks!). The crust could have stood a couple more minutes in the oven to crisp up the bottom and sides. The flavor was great. I forgot to sauce it for the beauty shot, added the sauce after LOL. I don't think my 9x13" brownie pan is optimal for making pizza. I'm sure I'll be trying again.

This is my Week #11 Tailgate Dinner for the Bills vs Detroit Lions game. While I'd rate this a B-, I'd be willing to bet it's the best Detroit-style pizza in Bangkok tonight!

Offline another pizza lover

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My first Detroit-style -- I'd rate it a B-
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 01:09:33 PM »
Pizza looks very good, even if I don`t see the dough. Guess the red sauce is some marinated tomatoe salsa? Won`t be my fav. I would do it without it. But, your pizza looks very good. Thumbs up!
The better you get - the worse I am :-)

Offline macnmotion

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 02:32:37 PM »
Pizza looks very good, even if I don`t see the dough. Guess the red sauce is some marinated tomatoe salsa? Won`t be my fav. I would do it without it. But, your pizza looks very good. Thumbs up!
The better you get - the worse I am :-)

The sauce is whole peeled tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, olive oil, sugar, salt, basil and oregano cooked down to break down the tomatoes and thicken the sauce.

Offline Ovenray

• I like it out of the box
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 04:26:15 PM »
Dunno about that 'B'...lets make it atleast a B+! looking good there!
EffeUno P134HA 509

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 08:59:35 AM »
Good job. The pizza and sauce look like a local DS pizza! I'd give it an A.
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress