A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Newbie Topics / Re: Belgian Ale Yeast
« Last post by RHawthorne on Today at 03:36:41 PM »
I've experimented with beer and wine yeast for baking, but I've never used one that's heavy on esters or polyphenols. I've considered doing exactly what you're talking about, but I've never gotten around to it. I'll be interested in hearing how it turns out.
Newbie Topics / Belgian Ale Yeast
« Last post by KevinG on Today at 03:24:09 PM »
I'm going to try some dough with Belgian Ale Yeast.

Any recommendations, opinions?

General Pizza Making / Re: It is leoparding on the bottom?
« Last post by 9slicePie on Today at 03:10:44 PM »
I see it the exact opposite - one can call it leoparding, but technically it's not. Leoparding is a phenomenon of the cornicione that happens when certain doughs are exposed to extremely intense IR and/or convective heat transfer. Bottom charring happens via conductive heat transfer where the dough touches the deck.

Actually, I agree with you.
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 03:05:04 PM »
I see it the exact opposite - one can call it leoparding, but technically it's not. Leoparding is a phenomenon of the cornicione that happens when certain doughs are exposed to extremely intense IR and/or convective heat transfer. Bottom charring happens via conductive heat transfer where the dough touches the deck.
Focaccia Style / Re: Pizza alla Romana
« Last post by Antilife on Today at 03:01:44 PM »
Yes, 0,7% is the best compromise between Bread and Pizza dough!
New York Style / Re: 9hr 420g 18 inch pie
« Last post by [email protected] on Today at 02:47:40 PM »
Grande whole milk mozzarella
General Pizza Making / Re: Jets pizza
« Last post by hotsawce on Today at 02:39:32 PM »
Iím going to try this with a 60% hydration dough (jets looks like it may be even lower hydration,) but how much oil should be in a small 10 x 8 pan? Iíve seen 2oz for 10 x 14, so maybe one oz for the smalls? Should it be swimming in oil?

And whatís a close dough weight for jets small? 11oz? 12oz?
New York Style / Re: 9hr 420g 18 inch pie
« Last post by [email protected] on Today at 02:35:04 PM »
500g of my regular pizza crust cold fermented at least 7 days. Can't quite remember. Got a bit thin in one spot so only stretched to 16 and used peel to steel instead of screen. Used a bit too much cheese, but crust ended up thicker than I prefer so kinda balanced out.
« Last post by 9slicePie on Today at 02:20:33 PM »
I guess TECHNICALLY it can be called leoparding, but I also associate that term with the cornicione.
« Last post by Jon in Albany on Today at 02:12:50 PM »
Would never have occurred to me to call those spots on the bottom leaparding. I think cornicione with leaparding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20