A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
Home Ovens / Re: Halo Pizza Oven
« Last post by 02ebz06 on January 17, 2022, 11:04:39 AM »
Clunky is what I'd call it. Hopefully for them it's just a prototype.

Looks like a large spatula and a cutting board.
General Pizza Making / Re: Help with identifying this shop's dough style
« Last post by jsaras on January 17, 2022, 10:06:46 AM »
Just use a NY-ish formulation (58% water, 2-2.2 % salt, 1% oil) and roll it out. 
Pizza Cheese / Re: Why so little talk of making cheese vs. making dough?
« Last post by texmex on January 17, 2022, 10:01:49 AM »
Chau started a thread about it a few years back...

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=14423.msg143937#msg143937
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Pasta YouTube Video - A new rabbit hole for me
« Last post by Bill/SFNM on January 17, 2022, 10:00:30 AM »
Links or model numbers on these? My great grandmother would beat me with a wooden spoon if she were alive but times are a changing.

Here is a link to the ramen machine. It's a little beast for quickly kneading/cutting really stiff 30-35% hydration dough into perfect noodles for that signature toothsome bite. Not intuitively obvious how to correctly use it, but once you figure it out, the whole process takes just a few minutes. The whole topic of ramen - noodles, broth, toppings, etc. is pretty deep. See the movie Tampopo - highly recommended send-up of this Japanese obsession.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0899GCKVZ/?tag=pmak-20
Pizza Cheese / Why so little talk of making cheese vs. making dough?
« Last post by jake14mw on January 17, 2022, 09:50:17 AM »
Hi all,

Trying to up my pizza game.  Been making pizza with mostly store bought dough for years.  Now, coming to this forum, it seems that everyone swears by making your own dough.  I see very little talk of making your own mozzarella.  Why is that?  I actually made mozzarella once, and it wasn't too difficult.  Thanks!
Newbie Topics / Re: Transferring From peel to the stone has been my biggest problem
« Last post by gdepozsgay on January 17, 2022, 09:25:08 AM »
Got the super peel some time back and now use it exclusively. There are some problems using it in the Blackstone oven though. The 16" peel can't be inserted far enough into the oven (the oven is round in the back) to deliver a 14" pie without some of the pie hanging over the edge of the stone when deployed also handling the slider is uncomfortable due to the heat. I'm going to cut some off the corners of the peel and that should solve the first problem (and exacerbate the second) :-\ but am still pondering what to do about the slide and the handle could be longer too for comfort. In a conventional/home oven it works like a charm.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Pasta YouTube Video - A new rabbit hole for me
« Last post by Bill/SFNM on January 17, 2022, 09:19:47 AM »
Okay Bill, you officially suck for starting this thread!😬

Glad to know it's finally official. I have been practicing really hard for such a long time.
General Pizza Making / Re: Help with identifying this shop's dough style
« Last post by stickyD on January 17, 2022, 09:09:28 AM »
Well... I'm the kind of guy who likes to call a cat a cat, but a black cat or a white cat is just a cat  ;D
This is "thin pizza" to me. Given the size and the toppings I could add "American", "thin American pizza"...
Sorry I'm not much help  ;D

Thanks, Yael for your reply. But do you think there a specific dough formulation I should use? Or can cloning this all be manipulated through TF, oven temperature, cooking time?

For instance, could I get similar results with a NY formulation as with a Neapolitan if I fiddled with the backend oven temp and cook time?
Commercial Ovens / Re: Vent on Forna toscano mangiafuoco
« Last post by PizzeriaBufala on January 17, 2022, 08:59:26 AM »
I am considering installing this oven in my van, would love to know how you got on eventually?

Tom
Pizza Ovens / Effeuno PID mod and settings ?
« Last post by Furrok on January 17, 2022, 08:50:59 AM »
Hello everyone, is there anybody with an effeuno oven with PID mod like the one in the video below?
I would like to know your settings KP, KI, KD
Thanks

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
wordpress