A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Sclafani has been sold out  (Read 1610 times)

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Re: Sclafani has been sold out
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2021, 01:40:45 PM »
I love Sclafani as well, but have been really liking Pastene Kitchen ready ground- give them a try if you come across them.

^^^
Instagram @hans_michigan

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• Bellucci Pizza
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2021, 02:13:15 PM »
Restaurant Depot

That's a good price for a case of #10s...

I was using Pastene, I really like them, but the price is out of whack at $33 a case. I'm using 6 in 1s green label right now. I tested them against the Pastenes and no one could tell them apart on the pies...

Met with the owner of Sansone, a long established Italian-American food distributor geared towards pizzerias out of Long Island. He carries Scalfanis #10s, gonna give them a try...

And don't sleep on their house low moisture whole milk mozz, Emilia. I like it better than Grande for my subway slice..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:15:49 PM by Andrew Bellucci »

Offline mathematics28

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2021, 03:07:30 PM »
I love Sclafani as well, but have been really liking Pastene Kitchen ready ground- give them a try if you come across them.
I have a case of 7/11 now to last me a few months

Offline mathematics28

• I Love Pizza!
Sclafani has been sold out
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2021, 03:08:19 PM »
That's a good price for a case of #10s...

I was using Pastene, I really like them, but the price is out of whack at $33 a case. I'm using 6 in 1s green label right now. I tested them against the Pastenes and no one could tell them apart on the pies...

Met with the owner of Sansone, a long established Italian-American food distributor geared towards pizzerias out of Long Island. He carries Scalfanis #10s, gonna give them a try...

And don't sleep on their house low moisture whole milk mozz, Emilia. I like it better than Grande for my subway slice..
Yea i saw the #10 Sclafani at Sansone

Offline peetzabone

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2021, 02:20:38 PM »
Are these roughly the same quality?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9TCIL6/?tag=pmak-20

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2021, 02:44:16 PM »
Are these roughly the same quality?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9TCIL6/?tag=pmak-20

FWIW, I have seen Dan Richer(Razza) and A. Falco speak highly of them. They are next on my list to try.
Instagram @hans_michigan

Offline mathematics28

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2021, 05:37:42 AM »

Offline jmcb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2021, 02:27:06 PM »
I was in touch with a wholesaler on this. BG Foods bought out Sclafani a few years ago and was going to shut down the label this year. They recently decided to do another pack in August/September, but this may be the last one. For now, some wholesalers still have #10 cans, but the 28 oz is down to remaining retail stock. With 6-in-1 no longer available in 28 oz, and Sclafani in doubt, it's looking tough. Someone suggested I give Sun of Italy a try; it's distributed by Pastore out of Baltimore, and they use a packer that used to cooperate with Sclafani on surpluses and shortages when Sclafani was family owned. Would be happy for other East Coast suggestions for 28 oz cans. 

Offline mathematics28

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »
I was in touch with a wholesaler on this. BG Foods bought out Sclafani a few years ago and was going to shut down the label this year. They recently decided to do another pack in August/September, but this may be the last one. For now, some wholesalers still have #10 cans, but the 28 oz is down to remaining retail stock. With 6-in-1 no longer available in 28 oz, and Sclafani in doubt, it's looking tough. Someone suggested I give Sun of Italy a try; it's distributed by Pastore out of Baltimore, and they use a packer that used to cooperate with Sclafani on surpluses and shortages when Sclafani was family owned. Would be happy for other East Coast suggestions for 28 oz cans.

I don't even bother with the 28oz anymore. I buy Stanislaus 7/11 by the case. freeze what I don't use out of the can.