A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 1804515 times)

John_H and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline WillowzA

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #19080 on: September 12, 2021, 09:59:20 PM »
Two recent efforts. Both mushroom pizzas, one NYish and another neapolitan. Enjoyed both of them. :)

Offline CarryOn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19081 on: September 13, 2021, 08:05:01 AM »
My wife's out of town this week, and she doesn't like pizza all that much, so I'm fitting in as many pizzas as I can while she's gone.

These two are the same dough, one just had an extra day in the fridge.  One is topped with homemade pesto pickled peppers, the other with the last of some muffuletta mix. Sauce is homemade, pesto made with basil from the garden, and the peppers I pickled with ones given to me by my sister.

Offline CarryOn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19082 on: September 13, 2021, 10:30:44 PM »
A little 6-inch pan pizza:

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19083 on: September 13, 2021, 10:34:30 PM »
6 in 1's straight out of the can, nothing added. I forgot just how good they are.
Instagram @hans_michigan. The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings. -Brian Spangler

Offline naval2006

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19084 on: September 14, 2021, 08:06:31 AM »
Haven't posted for a long time.  This is my weekly tribute to Tom.  65% hydration, 2% cake yeast, one day cold BF, balled and one more day CF.

Sauce is raw, just a pinch of garlic powder and red pepper flakes, sugar and salt.  Top of pizza just brushed with sauce and dollops on top.  Simple and yummy.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19085 on: September 14, 2021, 07:32:01 PM »
Sausage, mushroom, and fresh corn. 30% white whole wheat, 70% UBBF. Poolish.

-Tony

Offline paulrevere73

• Lifetime Member
  • Will travel for Great Pizza!!
« Reply #19086 on: September 15, 2021, 09:33:07 AM »
The pan should go up on their site today. www.lloydpans.com

Look what just arrived at my office.... :)

I placed the order on the website (the day it was available 9/2 - Thanks to heads up from Hans).

My packing slip indicates that Lloyd shipped it 9-8-21 via FedEx Ground.

I guess I know what I'm making this weekend.

Thanks again for the heads up Hans..... much appreciated.

I also enjoyed your pics from Expo this year....very cool pics. Thanks for the share (and all your advice over the years) #truegiver

Ernie  :chef:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:35:13 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline CarryOn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19087 on: September 15, 2021, 09:41:23 AM »
Cassano's copy:

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19088 on: September 15, 2021, 09:55:12 AM »
Look what just arrived at my office.... :)

I placed the order on the website (the day it was available 9/2 - Thanks to heads up from Hans).

My packing slip indicates that Lloyd shipped it 9-8-21 via FedEx Ground.

I guess I know what I'm making this weekend.

Thanks again for the heads up Hans..... much appreciated.

I also enjoyed your pics from Expo this year....very cool pics. Thanks for the share (and all your advice over the years) #truegiver

Ernie  :chef:

You're welcome. Mine will be here today!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:01:20 AM by HansB »
Instagram @hans_michigan. The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings. -Brian Spangler

Offline loch

« Reply #19089 on: September 15, 2021, 11:30:47 AM »
Cassano's copy:

Looks tasty!

The square cut always reminds me of my youth. I'd get a pie after school on my way to work. They had the shaker of red pepper flakes on the table and would use the exotic spice Oregano in their sauce. It was exotic for the upper Midwest in 1961 anyway.  ;D

Dave
"As long as when she takes me out she buys me pizza and beer!"

Offline Papa T

• Supporting Member
  • When the moon hits your eye...
« Reply #19090 on: September 15, 2021, 11:11:02 PM »
I wanted a thinner pizza with some tang for dinner, so I started this one with my ordinary sauce, then some grated Romano, and topped with about 6 ounces of a 50/50 blend of LMPS and LMWM mozzarella, mildly spicy pork sausage I had browned earlier to about 80% done, pickled red onions, capers, and anchovies. I got my tang!

I started the pizza in a 500F oven preheated for an hour with a stone on the bottom rack, using a Lloyd 12 inch screen. After 3 minutes, I slid the pie off the screen so it would sit directly on the stone. After 3 more minutes, I rotated it 180, and baked another 3 minutes.

The dough balls I made are 290 grams each for three 12 inch pies with a TF around .09. I mixed, then balled and then CF. I made this one for dinner after 48 hours CF, and the other two will be for lunch tomorrow with a couple friends. Those will clock in around 63 hours CF. Standard Lehmann pizza dough recipe:

100% Flour; I used KABF and added vwg to take protein to about 14.5%
60% filtered, RT @ 78F
1.75% salt
2% sugar
2% EVOO
0.375% IDY, SAF Red
Dough temp when balled, 80.5F

The pickled red onions were homemade, using one reasonably large red onion sliced radially to desired thickness. Put the slices in container, I used a 32 ounce deli type container, with 1 tablespoon each of kosher salt and sugar. Adjust to preference. Add other flavorings, spices as desired.

Use a vinegar of preference (I used white wine vinegar) and water in equal amounts to fill the container. You can heat it up to dissolve the salt and sugar, but if you mix the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a vessel before starting to cut the onions, they will dissolve on their own by the time you're done. Then just pour it over the onions to cover them. Less work = more fun. Let meld for at least 2 hours in the fridge, but 12 is better. They will keep in fridge solidly for about 2 weeks in a sealed container. After that, they're still good to eat, but do tend to get softer as the weeks pass. The red color is natural from the red onions.
Instagram: lightfuzer

Everything sounds better in latin.
Omnis pizza 'est bonum.
Every pizza is good.

Making good pizza is not that hard, unless we choose to make it that way.

The best pizza you'll ever make for someone is making the one they ask for instead of making it the way we think it should be made.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19091 on: September 16, 2021, 12:08:08 AM »
Looks mighty good PT..ever try a few allspice berries in the pickling? A little more tang  :)

Offline Papa T

• Supporting Member
  • When the moon hits your eye...
« Reply #19092 on: September 16, 2021, 12:14:13 AM »
Looks mighty good PT..ever try a few allspice berries in the pickling? A little more tang  :)

I have not, but I will now!
Instagram: lightfuzer

Everything sounds better in latin.
Omnis pizza 'est bonum.
Every pizza is good.

Making good pizza is not that hard, unless we choose to make it that way.

The best pizza you'll ever make for someone is making the one they ask for instead of making it the way we think it should be made.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19093 on: September 16, 2021, 04:04:53 AM »
You inspired me to pickle some...its been a while :)

Offline Trinity

• Lifetime Member
  • Extra cheese please!
« Reply #19094 on: September 16, 2021, 09:00:43 AM »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Lifetime Member
  • Extra cheese please!
« Reply #19095 on: September 16, 2021, 09:08:10 AM »
I wanted a thinner pizza with some tang for dinner, so I started this one with my ordinary sauce, then some grated Romano, and topped with about 6 ounces of a 50/50 blend of LMPS and LMWM mozzarella, mildly spicy pork sausage I had browned earlier to about 80% done, pickled red onions, capers, and anchovies. I got my tang!

I started the pizza in a 500F oven preheated for an hour with a stone on the bottom rack, using a Lloyd 12 inch screen. After 3 minutes, I slid the pie off the screen so it would sit directly on the stone. After 3 more minutes, I rotated it 180, and baked another 3 minutes.

The dough balls I made are 290 grams each for three 12 inch pies with a TF around .09. I mixed, then balled and then CF. I made this one for dinner after 48 hours CF, and the other two will be for lunch tomorrow with a couple friends. Those will clock in around 63 hours CF. Standard Lehmann pizza dough recipe:

100% Flour; I used KABF and added vwg to take protein to about 14.5%
60% filtered, RT @ 78F
1.75% salt
2% sugar
2% EVOO
0.375% IDY, SAF Red
Dough temp when balled, 80.5F

The pickled red onions were homemade, using one reasonably large red onion sliced radially to desired thickness. Put the slices in container, I used a 32 ounce deli type container, with 1 tablespoon each of kosher salt and sugar. Adjust to preference. Add other flavorings, spices as desired.

Use a vinegar of preference (I used white wine vinegar) and water in equal amounts to fill the container. You can heat it up to dissolve the salt and sugar, but if you mix the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a vessel before starting to cut the onions, they will dissolve on their own by the time you're done. Then just pour it over the onions to cover them. Less work = more fun. Let meld for at least 2 hours in the fridge, but 12 is better. They will keep in fridge solidly for about 2 weeks in a sealed container. After that, they're still good to eat, but do tend to get softer as the weeks pass. The red color is natural from the red onions.

Anchovies!!! Awesome!!!
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #19096 on: September 17, 2021, 10:41:48 PM »
Loved the crust on this pep/sausage pie! 14inch 3 day CF 24 hr poolish.  65 hyd 2 oil 1.5 ldmp 0.02 yeast 1.5 salt.  Cooked on steel @ 500 for 8 mins.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 10:43:51 PM by vincentoc13 »

Offline nickyr

« Reply #19097 on: September 18, 2021, 12:27:13 AM »
Grandma with garlic, Calabria chilies, and beyond meat sausage on half

Offline loch

« Reply #19098 on: September 18, 2021, 11:07:17 AM »
Grandma with garlic, Calabria chilies, and beyond meat sausage on half

That is just a picture perfect pie!

Dave
"As long as when she takes me out she buys me pizza and beer!"