A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 441466 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #4040 on: March 09, 2021, 10:00:37 AM »
Looking Good Norma!

Thanks Walter!  It's seems strange right now that I did make pizza's every week or more in the past. 

Norma

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4041 on: March 09, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »
National award winning pizza....let's not forget that!

Online quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4042 on: March 09, 2021, 11:22:08 PM »
norma, didnt realize you were dealing with covid, wishing you a speedy recovery!
jeff

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #4043 on: March 10, 2021, 09:53:39 AM »
+1
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline punkrockchris

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4044 on: March 10, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
Mark,

The Covid long lasting effects still aren't going away, but am thankful to feel better than at first.  More skin issues too and need some of them operated on.  Thanks for saying I am valuable to the pizza community.  That means a lot to me.  Thanks for the health and happiness wishes!  Same to you and yours!

Norma

Best of luck with your recovery.

Offline texmex

• I stole my avatar from the British Museum website
« Reply #4045 on: March 10, 2021, 10:32:21 AM »
I'm saddened to hear you have been struggling, Norma. Here's hopes for a steady diet of recovery and less health troubles coming your way. 
Reesa

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4046 on: March 10, 2021, 11:22:22 AM »
Sorry to hear about that Norma..you've had a rough stretch. Hope recovery is soon!

Offline jvp123

• Trying to make my perfect pizza ...
« Reply #4047 on: March 10, 2021, 12:09:41 PM »
Hoping all goes well and you get back to normal on the health front soon, Norma.
Jeff

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4048 on: March 10, 2021, 01:08:27 PM »
Feel better soon, Norma!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4049 on: March 10, 2021, 08:52:57 PM »
National award winning pizza....let's not forget that!

Thanks Bill!  At least one time.  Don't even know if I could make a good pizza now.   :-D

norma, didnt realize you were dealing with covid, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you QD!  Yes dealing with it since the beginning of January or a little before that.

+1

Thanks mkevenson!

Quote from: punkrockchris link=topic=30641.msg663662#msg663662 date=161538941

Best of luck with your recovery.
[/quote

Punkrockchris, Thank you!

I'm saddened to hear you have been struggling, Norma. Here's hopes for a steady diet of recovery and less health troubles coming your way. 

Getting older and Covid don't mix too well sometimes.   :-D  Thanks so much Reesa!

Sorry to hear about that Norma..you've had a rough stretch. Hope recovery is soon!

Bill,  Thanks!  I hope recovery soon comes too.  This is getting on my nerves, but glad I am slowly getting better.  Carry on making pizza for me if you will!  :)

Hoping all goes well and you get back to normal on the health front soon, Norma.

Thanks Jeff!  So nice so for the best wishes!!

Feel better soon, Norma!

Thanks so much Paul!

I don't post a lot right now, but hopefully can again soon.  One thing I didn't expect from the Covid is brain fog a lot of times, especially in the morning.  I did have a lot of problems even trying to compose an email at first, and now still a lot of times in the morning still can think what to write.  Still today sometimes can not recall all I did the day before, unless I really think of what I did.  Am not orgainized very much anymore.  It is getting some better though. 

Not sense of taste or smell yet either, so pizza doesn't really taste like pizza. 

The fatique isn't fun either.

Norma

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4050 on: March 10, 2021, 09:52:28 PM »
Norma, grab that covid by the balls and shake the %$# out of it and rip them off! Covid doesn't stand a chance against you! You've been thru tougher stuff than it has! Go get em!!!❤
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4051 on: March 14, 2021, 01:17:30 AM »
Norma, grab that covid by the balls and shake the %$# out of it and rip them off! Covid doesn't stand a chance against you! You've been thru tougher stuff than it has! Go get em!!!❤

Thanks Jon!  I have been trying to do what you said and try to be positive each morning.  :) Think maybe my daughter and I am in for the long haul. 

There are a lot of studies and reasearch going on what all includes “long hauler's” and the symptoms they might face.  Three of the links.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/long-haul-covid-patients-can-experience-waves-symptoms-early-research-n1259281

https://www.pennmedicine.org/updates/blogs/penn-physician-blog/2020/july/recovery-after-covid19-treating-the-long-term-effects-of-sarscov2

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-problem-of-long-haul-covid/

My daughter's doctor said she think she is a long hauler, and now is giving her care over to a pulmonary doctor.  Her oxygen falls at night and she gets very fatigued after not doing a lot.  She is on oxygen while sleeping.  Her family doctor ordered a sleep apnea test, and so did my doctor, but our insurances are slow in approving that test, to see if that is why we both might be getting very fatigued, or if it might be the Covid. 

We both walk daily when the weather isn't bad outside.  We both eat too much, even though we can't taste or smell.  Too much sleeping too.

Norma
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 01:27:44 AM by norma427 »

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4052 on: March 14, 2021, 09:39:49 AM »
If  not already brought up, ask about BIPAP/CPAP at night. Closest thing to a magic trick there is, wonderful device! And get the sleep/apnea test sooner than later!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 09:49:30 AM by Jackitup »
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Loarina Vega

• I Love Fried Dough Pizza
« Reply #4053 on: March 16, 2021, 12:38:10 AM »
  Hi Norma.!+
 Norma hope your feeling better..and Hopefully you can feel well enough one day soon n come visit my Market  stand I have a Couple of Questions.......

Offline bigMoose

• Kneading is Happiness!
« Reply #4054 on: March 17, 2021, 10:23:00 AM »
Hi Norma, thought I'd pop in and say Hi!  ... that we are praying for you and your daughter.  So sorry to hear that this blasted virus is lingering with you and your family.  Keep up your spirits as best your can, and just take "one day at a time!" 
All the best, Dave

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4055 on: March 19, 2021, 11:42:46 AM »
If  not already brought up, ask about BIPAP/CPAP at night. Closest thing to a magic trick there is, wonderful device! And get the sleep/apnea test sooner than later!!!!!!

Jon,

I didn't know there was a difference in machines for sleep apnea.  Thanks for the information. I do have an appointment now with a  pulmonologist  for an eval the beginning of April. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4056 on: March 19, 2021, 11:43:41 AM »
  Hi Norma.!+
 Norma hope your feeling better..and Hopefully you can feel well enough one day soon n come visit my Market  stand I have a Couple of Questions.......

Thanks Loarina Vega!  Hopefully some day I will get to visit you at your market stand. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4057 on: March 19, 2021, 11:45:08 AM »
Hi Norma, thought I'd pop in and say Hi!  ... that we are praying for you and your daughter.  So sorry to hear that this blasted virus is lingering with you and your family.  Keep up your spirits as best your can, and just take "one day at a time!"

Dave,

Thanks for the prayers for my daughter and me.  Yep, I would call the virus a blasted one too.  Do take it one day at a time.  Hope your family and you are doing well!

Norma

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4058 on: March 19, 2021, 12:32:47 PM »
Jon,

I didn't know there was a difference in machines for sleep apnea.  Thanks for the information. I do have an appointment now with a  pulmonologist  for an eval the beginning of April. 

Norma

Depending on the level of sleep apnea obstructive vs central and severity etc, how long events are, O2 desaturation level.......it can require different levels of airway support. CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Support) or BIPAP (Bi-level Positive Airway Support). Your sleep study will determine most all of that. Many CPAP/BIPAP devices nowadays are the same machine just different settings. As always, you can give me a call with any questions!
Jon

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4059 on: March 20, 2021, 10:02:41 AM »
     Depending on the level of sleep apnea obstructive vs central and severity etc, how long events are, O2 desaturation level.......it can require different levels of airway support. CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Support) or BIPAP (Bi-level Positive Airway Support). Your sleep study will determine most all of that. Many CPAP/BIPAP devices nowadays are the same machine just different settings. As always, you can give me a call with any questions!

Jon,

Thanks so much for explaining about CPAP and BIPAP!  Will call you if I need to know more about sleep apnea, and also the machines that help if they would be needed. 

Long haul Covid has a name now.  PASC.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-pasc-long-covid-dr-fauci-post-acute-sequelae-1571963

Norma