A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Chris Graff's "NYC for the home oven"  (Read 12901 times)

Offline piesofsatan

• regular slice not too hot boss
    • Three Slice Joints on Instagram
Re: Chris Graff's "NYC for the home oven"
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2020, 01:43:50 PM »
Hey Chris, would this recipe be okay to CF for 72 hours you think? Have only done the same day for this and want to try a longer one. Would you adjust the yeast, LDMP, etc? I should've asked this question earlier as I'm already doing it but just wanted to check haha.

Thanks again for this recipe, I can't get enough!

Offline chrisgraff

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2020, 02:38:20 PM »
Hey Chris, would this recipe be okay to CF for 72 hours you think? Have only done the same day for this and want to try a longer one. Would you adjust the yeast, LDMP, etc? I should've asked this question earlier as I'm already doing it but just wanted to check haha.

You're welcome!

In answer to your question, I'm sure it will be fine. I've refrigerated this dough overnight, (used to go much longer before I used malt/oil).

Offline OHpizzaguy

• Quest for the perfect pizza!
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2020, 09:33:37 PM »
Thanks for the link! A case of Kyrol and a couple bags of snacks got me to free shipping.
Curious if you’ve enjoyed this pizza using the kyrol flour. Like to hear your opinion on kyrol vs other flours you’ve used.
Pizza brings people together!

Offline OHpizzaguy

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »

I have done this recipe same day & also doing a CF for 24, 36 & even 48 hrs. All came out great with each day of CF adding even more depth of flavor.  That being said, I love that this is a great option for a same day pie that delivers great flavor & crumb.

Offline chrisgraff

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2021, 08:25:01 PM »
I have done this recipe same day & also doing a CF for 24, 36 & even 48 hrs. All came out great with each day of CF adding even more depth of flavor.  That being said, I love that this is a great option for a same day pie that delivers great flavor & crumb.

Good to know! I'll have to revisit cold-fermentation.

Offline bobgraff

« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2021, 10:08:53 AM »
Curious if you’ve enjoyed this pizza using the kyrol flour. Like to hear your opinion on kyrol vs other flours you’ve used.

I had been a fan of Kryol flour, until Chris convinced me otherwise.  He noted that pizza crust made from Kryol gets extremely tough after it cools.  In retrospect, I had noticed the same but did not realize it was due to the flour.
Bob

"I learn each day what I need to know to do tomorrow’s work." - Arnold Toynbee

Offline OHpizzaguy

« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2021, 10:27:05 AM »
I had been a fan of Kryol flour, until Chris convinced me otherwise.  He noted that pizza crust made from Kryol gets extremely tough after it cools.  In retrospect, I had noticed the same but did not realize it was due to the flour.
I’ve been working around that & with this recipe & kyrol flour I’ve come to this “modified” version that doesn’t “toughen up” once it cools. Keep in mind I’m batching for 2 - 16” pies which explains my higher flour weight but at 65% hydration. Made on Saturday & grabbed a slice cold out of the fridge & was still soft & chewy, not hard.

100.00% Kyrol Flour  650.00 g
 65.00%  Water (cold) 422 g
  2.90%  Olive oil  19.0 g
  2.50%  sea salt (fine) 16.00 g
  2.00% Low diastatic malt 13.00 g
  1.23%  sugar 8.0 g
  0.3%  instant yeast 2.0 g

I open to screen for 5 minutes then directly on stone for 3-5 minutes at 500 convect which is the max my oven will do.

wordpress