A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Home Ovens / Re: Zio Ciro Nano
« Last post by ilya_n on Today at 09:35:58 PM »
I talked to the Zio Ciro folks in FL.  They are not planning on carrying it.  He stated the following reason (I'm sort of paraphrasing here):
1) Designed for Italian Specs..
2) To heavy to ship UPS or Fedex, so you would need something with lift gate service, so you looking somewhere between $200 to $400 to ship, which may be kind of excessive on a $400-$500 oven.

Thatís weird. In the video Vito picks it up and moves with no problemsÖ Iíd think itís a regular shipping serviceÖ who knows though.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by gloopdegurp on Today at 09:35:46 PM »
This time I made a pepperoni with canned portabella chunks, a plain, and a batch of knots.

The dough, sauce, and bake process were the same as my last entry here, except that the dough had almost a six day CF before I got to it. Knots were about 40 grams of dough for each.

All came out pretty good, but I didn't quite hit the flavor I got last time. Maybe because the dough had a lot longer CF, everything else was pretty much the same.
« Last post by billg on Today at 09:16:44 PM »
Thank U!!!!!
« Last post by jvp123 on Today at 08:22:37 PM »
I posted this pick under Neapolitan with a twist the other day and should have given a little back story.  We were making the classic Margarita all night and had 1 dough ball left but ran out of Buffalo Mozzarella so I scrambled to find enough ingredients to make another pie.  I ran home real quick to grab some grande WMM and some store bought pepperoni and came out with this guy.  Drizzled some Mike's hot honey on top and Reggiano parmesan post bake.  It was awesome!!!!!

Nice work!  :chef:
« Last post by billg on Today at 07:30:36 PM »
I posted this pick under Neapolitan with a twist the other day and should have given a little back story.  We were making the classic Margarita all night and had 1 dough ball left but ran out of Buffalo Mozzarella so I scrambled to find enough ingredients to make another pie.  I ran home real quick to grab some grande WMM and some store bought pepperoni and came out with this guy.  Drizzled some Mike's hot honey on top and Reggiano parmesan post bake.  It was awesome!!!!!
New York Style / Re: First try on NY-Style
« Last post by [email protected] on Today at 07:26:16 PM »
Interesting idea. I have thought about trying various sugars at times but forgot about malt syrup. Are you able to find it in a store or do you have to get it online?

Itís available at local place Natural Grocers. Brand is Eden Pure that Iím using, about $8.50 a jar. Guessing any similar kind of healthy grocery near you might carry. Available from Amazon about same price, but two of four jars were smashed last time. Bit of a mess 😀
Neapolitan Style / Re: My trip to Naples and back
« Last post by Wario on Today at 06:13:38 PM »
As you can see on picture one, after a sixty seconds bake without turning the top was a little under coocked in general. Like you mentioned a bit less on the side that was closest to the wall of the oven. Tried another bake without turning, this time for eighty seconds resulting in a bit over coocked top. As seen on the second picture, the side closest to the window was  the most charred. And the bottom was a bit scorched but still edible to me (probably would not be to Amolapizza his wife  ;D).
Resources / Re: Where can I buy All Trumps flour in San Diego?
« Last post by Buddha on Today at 06:12:24 PM »
It will not be bromated

Do you think the bromated version is better?
New York Style / Re: How does Caputo Americana compare to All Trumps?
« Last post by waltertore on Today at 06:01:08 PM »
Caputo flours have a lot of hype around them.  I have tried the Americana but it is way overpriced IMO and not worth it.  I grew up with bleached/bromated and when we moved to Reno I was worried about bromated not available in the west.  Also was worried about the altitude, low humidity, and lake Tahoe water that comes out the faucets here.  All said I feel my pies are as good as any I made back east. 
I suggest starting with The Pizza Bible and then use this site as you learn and figure out what questions to ask.

To me, the journey is the reward. Sometimes it is frustrating but unless you do something really bad, you still always have something edible. And eventually, you will have something that gives you a ton of pride. A class like this just seems like a reason to skip the journey. Not to mention, I have never tried his NY style but have seen a lot of comments that he has no idea what the style really is. So how do you even know that you will get what you want at the end of the class?  You might spend a lot of money and end up back here with questions anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20