A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Prep Equipment / Re: Steel stone vs Cordierite Stone
« Last post by Underwood on Today at 04:32:25 AM »
I'm really happy I choose steel over stone... I was surprised by myself getting this crispy crust and the bottom was even better. Now I have to improve my stretching technique because I couldn't get rid of the excess flour and the crust should be thinner :D. Next time gonna drop down the temp to 500F as well.
I originally posted this in the Pizza Ovens section, but I realized that I should’ve posted it in this subforum as it gets more replies / is a faster-moving subforum:

Can anyone here please compare the Ooni 3 wood pellet oven with other comparable wood pellet ovens get from here
bbq to go?   The more specific the response, the more it will be appreciated.

And which do you guys think is the overall best wood pellet oven out there?

Much thanks in advance.
[/color]
Home pizza oven owners - I'm toying with either a Fyra or a a Karu. The first runs on pellets whereas after is 50 quid dearer and seems to run logs charcoal or gas with an additional purchase of an adaptor. Any views on pros and cons? Anyone got one of these?
Home Ovens / Re: Pizza Party Oven Deals
« Last post by venturahwy on Yesterday at 11:49:24 PM »
^Thanks
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by Pizza_Not_War on Yesterday at 11:44:54 PM »
Great loaf!
Thanks. It was the easiest one I ever made that came out so well. 8 day old dough did all the work.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Yesterday at 11:32:39 PM »
Great loaf!
Pizza Toppings / Re: Growing some Calabrian chilies this year
« Last post by Timpanogos Slim on Yesterday at 11:07:00 PM »
For one thing, arbol grows downwards and Calabrians grow upwards. Flavor and flesh thickness are also different. There really is no similarity at all other than the general shape profile of arbol and the longest variety of long Calabrian.

Thanks. I wasn't questioning that there are differences in flavor and flesh thickness. It sounds like they are closer related to thai birdseye.
Pizza Toppings / Re: Growing Mushrooms at Home for Pizza
« Last post by Bill/SFNM on Yesterday at 10:40:20 PM »
Here is Lion's Mane block #1. These are currently my favorite mushroom - subject to change without notice. I like to thickly slice, batter, and fry for tempura. Not sure how I might use them on pizza. I wonder if very thinly sliced and topped raw on a pizza (TXCraig1-style) would be good.
General Pizza Making / Re: Dough - How to get that delicate crunch?
« Last post by Pizza5050 on Yesterday at 10:36:27 PM »
Since you are in an experimenting mood and you already make three doughs, try a simple experiment.  Instead of baking on day 4, bake on day 5 with the following changes.  Scale and ball dough 1 on day 2.  Scale and ball dough 2 on day 3.  Ball dough 3 on day 4.  Bake as you normally do on day 5.  See if there are any differences in the texture of your doughs. 

John

Bill-99, Fazzari’s fabulous 34 page post https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=36684.msg365066#msg365066 is all about how he achieves the eggshell crunch, which sounds like what you are seeking.  It’s all in post #1.  I just baked my first 5 day dough following his method and it was eggshell crisp indeed!  And I have Gozney Dome Gas and this time preheated 750* for 60 minutes and baked 5 minute pie at 585*.  The lower temp helped immensely
Pizza Toppings / Re: Growing Mushrooms at Home for Pizza
« Last post by Bill/SFNM on Yesterday at 10:36:20 PM »
Not just beautiful mushrooms, but beautiful photos!
Thank you, Bill!
Pizza News / Re: CBS Sunday Morning featuring Neapolitan Pizza at Home
« Last post by Travinos_Pizza on Yesterday at 10:21:09 PM »
Stefano's comment saying, "it's easy to make" is misleading. Indeed it is easy to make, but it's not easy to make GOOD pizza.

Fun piece though, I love when CBS does those, their Sunday (or is it Saturday?) morning culture program is always fantastic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress