A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
New York Style / Re: Decoyís NYS pizza thread 2024
« Last post by PapaJawnz on Today at 07:45:30 PM »
Thanks Jawnz. I was very happy with that one!!

I hope your family likes that also because I could look at that pizza every day and be amazed.  Keep on slingin' broseph!
Home Ovens / Re: Pre-ordered the Ooni Koda 2 Max today!
« Last post by shuboyje on Today at 07:44:17 PM »
Ok, just gave her the maiden voyage.  Only comment is the right to left temperature balance took some work.  If I set them the same the right ran about 100F hotter.

This was my old east Coast coal recipe.  450 gram ball to a 17" pie(20" American metal craft aluminum peel gets here this week).  24hr(normally 48hr) room temp in balls, Gold Medal Bread Flour, 60% hydration, 3% salt.

I ran the oven full bore until it hit 700F, then dialed it back and held it there for 30 minutes to heat soak it.  I'm VERY happy with how the oven performed.  Predictable and solid.
« Last post by Decoy205 on Today at 07:42:34 PM »
Holy moly Decoy!!  :drool: That's what I'm talking about bro.  Love, love, love that plain pie!  I could crush that whole thing with a couple IPA's  ;D

Thanks Jawnz. I was very happy with that one!!   
« Last post by Decoy205 on Today at 07:41:55 PM »
Your steel looks very well cared for. I should have my ass kicked for what I have let happen to mine. Mine is nearly 2 years old and I still have not tried it for either of the purposes I had in mind when I bought it: getting a better bottom browning in my Ardore; experimenting with New Haven style at top temperature of our kitchen oven.

I have made some terrific smash burgers on it over the grates on our gas grill though. Several times. Now that our outdoor faucets are turned on for summer I finally scrubbed and sanitized it a couple days ago. Now I need to go over it with a wire brush or orbital sander, wipe it down, and season it. Once I do all that I doubt I will get careless with it again.

Ha! I try Tony.  I only use it for pizza so itís not that hard to maintain.  I also take it out of the oven when Iím not using it as the oven would take 10 times longer to preheat for everything.  Smash burgers on the steel do sound good.   I donít use it outside because I know Iíd end up rusting it too. 
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by PapaJawnz on Today at 07:26:16 PM »

Looks terrific! Since it has been less than 24 hrs since this comment I feel itís fair to mention it here.  >:D

Tony!! Thank yo you bro  :) :).  I appreciate your feedback.  Bakers % > all, right?  :chef:
Neapolitan Style / Re: Cooking on Gozney Arc XL
« Last post by Decoy205 on Today at 07:23:20 PM »
I see you use the old battleship bracketing strategy to find the proper bake: one too far, one too short, one just right

;D
Ha nice!  I didnít even think that far.  My whole goal first is to make them edible. :-D
General Pizza Making / Re: Pizza in Germany
« Last post by PapaJawnz on Today at 07:12:44 PM »
 ^^^ Totally down with ANY of those slices.  How was the undercarriage bro?  I am guessing up to snuff since you didn't thumbs down it!

Now let's see that TG pizza with the stout bro!!!  Germans can represent that style like no other  :chef:
Pizza Ovens / Re: Consolidated Halo Topic
« Last post by Rigwald on Today at 06:50:35 PM »
Ok.  First pizzas on an unmodified, NG Halo Versa 16.   I think they turned out well!  Started with is on a pizza screen, then when the crust firmed up, I removed the screen.  Much easier than transferring directly from a pizza peel.
General Pizza Making / Re: Pizza in Germany
« Last post by DDT on Today at 06:19:18 PM »
OMG! You dialed it in for sure. Lucky neighbors.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Today at 06:02:25 PM »
Thanks Rob..I actually didn't find much difference in final rise from my usual dough..but I suspect I was overfermented and maybe at 70 , over hydrated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress