A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Deep Dish Pepperoni w/ Crisp Fried Crust  (Read 1624 times)

Offline TurkeyOnRye

Deep Dish Pepperoni w/ Crisp Fried Crust
« on: March 19, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »
48-hours cold fermented dough using my Neo-New York style dough. Well-oiled 9x9-inch pan. Baked at 500F on center oven rack for about 15 minutes. Link to the dough recipe here: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=68650.0 
Impressions:  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Killer texture and flavor. The pepperoni is super salty and the caramelized cheese fused to the crust and pan is Maillard heaven. I covered the top surface with pepperoni. Through great shrinkage, it almost looks light on the pepperoni.  :-D  I'll just throw those on by the handful next time.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:57:43 PM by TurkeyOnRye »

Offline wilson502

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Deep Dish Pepperoni w/ Crisp Fried Crust
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 12:22:10 AM »
So I decided to take a stab at this recipe tonight (Thanks TurkeyonRye for the recipe!). I cooked this in my Ooni Koda 16 with a 3/8" steel plate. I have to say this came out absolutely delicious. I made a couple of minor tweaks subbing the white cheddar for provolone cheese, and used butter flavored crisco along the edges and inside quarter of the pan, then lined the rest of the pan with a little avocado oil. This actually reminded me of the Jets pizza recipe as the hydration and caramelized cheese edge resemble a Jets Deep Dish pizza. Total cook time was just over 10 minutes
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 10:40:31 AM by Pete-zza »

Online Pizza-Face

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 12:25:28 AM »
Ok, Turk and Will, Can ya'll compare notes on how much oil in the bottoms of your pans? Maybe if even both your pans are the same dimentions? I would really like to get this right since Jet's is all about the frying on the bottoms, as well as side.... burns? Caramelization! Ha! I lost the word there!

Offline wilson502

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 01:05:31 AM »
Ok, Turk and Will, Can ya'll compare notes on how much oil in the bottoms of your pans? Maybe if even both your pans are the same dimentions? I would really like to get this right since Jet's is all about the frying on the bottoms, as well as side.... burns? Caramelization! Ha! I lost the word there!

I used a 8x10 Lloyds pan for this pizza. I used butter flavored crisco around the edges and used maybe a couple teaspoons of avocado oil.

Offline corkd

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 07:25:38 PM »
Those edges look great!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T